Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Shiny Pokemon that need to be changed or fixed

Name some Pokemon that need better shinies! Like Gengar, Gimmighoul/Gholdengo, and Garchomp. I mean, they changed Combusken's shiny so why can't they change all the other ones?

Comments

• Timekeeperz1
    Timekeeperz1 Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

IMO garchomp has kinda changed since the jump from 2D to 3D it's alot noticeable now, but it could be a darker shade of black instead of being a shade of grayish blue

• Alopias0158
    Alopias0158 Member Posts: 12
    First Comment Photogenic 5 Agrees

Shiny Dragapult is so meh, I wish it kept shiny Dreepys coloration instead of changing the reds to yellow

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

Gengar, make it white like the mega

• LazyCroconaw
    LazyCroconaw Member Posts: 6
    First Comment 5 Likes Photogenic 5 Agrees

since the ones that are exactly the same were already mentioned i am gonna say i don't like when regional forms have as shiny the colors of the normal form

• SnivellingSnivy
    SnivellingSnivy Member Posts: 7
    First Comment

Shiny Zapdos looks too similar to the regular form for my liking. I hope they do something with it to make it stand out more.

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

There's 2 major categories bad shinies fall into: shinies that are hardly different and green shinies.

You got your Gengars, Garchomps, ZAPDOS, Baxcalibur, Pikachu, Lefeon, and of course, how could anyone forget Gholdengo. Honestly you could do ANYTHING with these shinies and theyd be better. Anything except making them green.

Ah green shinies. I'm sorry but they gotta go. Espeon, Dragonite, Salamence, Hydreigon to name a few. If only they weren't green.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 587 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 100 Likes 100 LOLs

Chansey and Blissey because they look the same as non-shiny. Machamp and Jolteon because they’re a horrible shade of green.

• Dedenne90524
    Dedenne90524 Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes

Probably Hisuian Goodra. It’s noticable, but a missed opportunity. Got to give a honorable mention to the puke-green shinies.

• PinkYoshiFan
    PinkYoshiFan Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    First Answer Photogenic 5 Likes 5 Agrees

Off-hand I can think of Sprigatito line (looks similar to base, I think a decent amount of new Gen 9 pokemon are too) and Venusaur (just looks wilted)

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 587 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 100 Likes 100 LOLs

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/comment/14450#Comment_14450I agree, and think the same of Articuno, and maybe even Moltres. Blue fire Moltres? Black Zapdos? There’s so much potential.

@RiqMoran Certain Pokémon look good in green, like Shiny Scizor. I agree that most don’t. I also agree that all the ones you listed fall into the “why is this green?” category, as well as many others.