Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Do you think TCG Live sucks compared to TCG online? Be HONEST.

Options

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

The way that you get individual cards on Live is by finding them in the deck editor and exchanging them for credits. Also, you didn't lose your cards. Set your filter to show all cards. It only shows standard by default.

• Thegamerisme
    Thegamerisme Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

I miss trading

• pears_91
    pears_91 Member Posts: 39
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

i play a fair bit,, and in some ways i think live is better

it does seem overall abit quicker with the clicking and dragging of cards when selected from the deck, attaching energies such as from discard or deck such as with abilities and attacks. although its abit annoying it doesn't show you the whole deck automatically.

but.. I have since logged back into online again.. and it feels like driving a classic jaguar vs some kind of modern sports car. like the bucket seats are low down so its orquard to get in and out. there uncomfy. loads of flashing lights, plastic trim and annoying sound. they both get you to work and back ok, and the new one is abit more nippy and smaller, easier to park. but ive got to say i loved the comfort of online. it just felt properly built and all the materials were nice and worn in perfect,, I would take that over live if there was a choice. although there are bits from both I preffer and tbh a new version isnt the end of the world for me, I just hope they keep the good and put back some of the better bits from online while people can still remember what they were.

if you log back into it it just feels so much different to drive and better in my opinion,, I feel much calmer and relaxed on pokemon online vs the live game. ps if you cant tell im getting old, maybe this change will be too much for me and ill pack it in.

• YakFam_YT
    YakFam_YT Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

I didnt like it at first I will admit that. I actually considered not playing anymore because I disliked it so much. But now that I have played it for a while and am used to the mechanics I have to say I can see myself liking it better than online.... IF THEY FIX A FEW MORE THINGS... I dont like that there is no tournament play, they still need to fix some of the holo graphics for some of the holos, there are a few bugs here and there that still pop up like frozen cards and non clicking ability but since the last update that has been a lot better. I like the ability to earn to buy the cards you want instead of only being able to get them from trade or buying them off the black market or getting them by chance through the packs, that makes the playing field a lot more even for those people that couldnt afford that in the past. I think they need to add some better winnings to the battle pass since they are running the same one for like 8 weeks, that kind of sucks but all in all I think added the tourneys and maybe better prizes I will end up liking this one better.

• YakFam_YT
    YakFam_YT Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

what do you mean be able to scroll through the discard pile? I can look through the discards just fine. I Havent had problems with match making yet and I have been migrated for over a month, trust me there are plenty of things for it to work out and Def needs to add tourneys and a collection section but I have grown to like the format quite a bit.

• Bexy4322
    Bexy4322 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Migrated my account today and wish I hadn't. I have been teaching my child how to play TCG, bot games have been amazing for this and he has been able to put his codes in and decide whether to trade his packs or open them. Now its only try harding players with broken decks where 1 pokemon can destroy another player with ease unless you can match it and even then for a child it is heartache and disappointment. I understand loss is part of the game for in 15 games he hasnt come close.

All in all migrating the account has been a huge mistake and I wish I could revert this. I am at the point of deleting the account I would rather lose what I have spent years building than deal with the terrible game they have forced us to take on.

• megangel2011
    megangel2011 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    Options

They should’ve put the export deck instructions out as well before they made it as a non optional migration to get our decks out to play with them in the new game so upset about it

• Edge_Case
    Edge_Case Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

While I appreciate a lot of the things which TCG Live brings to the table like the starter decks and the battle pass system which makes it actually feasible to enjoy the pokemon tcg without getting a bunch of code cards I find that it is just far more volatile than PTCGO ever was. It's very rare that a full game happens and there isn't at least 1 visual bug in which cards don't load properly or the prize cards start z-fighting with eachother, which is not to mention the various connection issues that the game also suffers from.

I think that long term TCG live will likely iron out a lot of the issues present now, but it really does feel like PTCGO, a client which while not pretty (though TCG live isn't really either, to be fair) did function pretty reliably. That said I would rather not wait a year for them to make using the scroll wheel on any menu a non-sisyphean task.

• Ashuriri
    Ashuriri Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

TCG Live is OK, but just OK. It looks good on my iPhone Pro Max, but it also drains the battery and causes the phone to become very warm to the touch.

When just starting out, I don’t understand how you are supposed to progress. After playing in the Ranked and Casual battles for hours, I have yet to earn any currency I can trade for cards I don’t already own. None of my other TCG cards transferred over, so I’m stuck with the basic stuff. I’ve won battles and have yet to get a crystal or booster pack drop, so I guess this is o it for ladder climbing? But how are you supposed to climb the ladder when you can’t get cards to improve your deck with?

I wish there were a way to buy currency, cards or packs without buying actual TCG cards.

• Methos1776
    Methos1776 Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Can't tell if it is a good game cause I haven't played against anyone. Wish there were a vs AI mode.