Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Do you think TCG Live sucks compared to TCG online? Be HONEST.

Options

Comments

• Belguimmaster
    Belguimmaster Member Posts: 31
    5 Agrees First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options

Yess it sucks most off my imported decks are invalid or not working because not all the cards are implemented in the live version yett game tells me to wait till "next" update hope the cards or not lost into the metaverse

• Trippintheleaf
    Trippintheleaf Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

i really miss trade and being able to collect any kind of card. this game has no spark and honesty i keep forcing myself to play since the swap because of all the time and money ive put into the actual collection part of the game.. im gunna keep riding live out in hopes for improvement, maybe with the next update lets not have flipped cards and can i get my old ones back just to see at least?

• Belguimmaster
    Belguimmaster Member Posts: 31
    5 Agrees First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options

How can u say deck building is better I liked the old version better because u could directly select the evolutions from the basic pokemon screen

Exsample like evee you had a direct link to the evolutions of eevee in ptcgo now in live you need to search it all manually

• Ishmill88
    Ishmill88 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

I liked the live version and I must say am addicted to this TCG online app version. With regards to a few people saying they don't like it because there isn't any players to battle against, I have not found that true I always get matched within a few seconds. The only thing I don't like is the fact you only get 5 cards in a booster code now. Hopefully they sort out the bugs especially the one with attached tools not giving you the extra HP or 30 extra damage to opponents V or Vmax. I love the ladder system and also the rewards on battle pass. It's a great game and I'm becoming a true fan of it.

• trudiehorse
    trudiehorse Member Posts: 3
    5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I am really sad and annoyed I transferred all my collection to live to find half my collection gone no theme decks no trade. After years of trading and enjoying simpler theme deck verses and tournaments how sad to find nothing. I hope when they sort this pathetic upgrade out they give me back all my cards and theme decks I have bought and traded over the years. Sack who ever thought this was going to be better and let me know when trade is back on.

• hoosierbrian
    hoosierbrian Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I'll have to agree as well. My main issue was redeeming codes. The new Live game only gives five cards per code instead of 10. Not cool!

• Pokestrasser
    Pokestrasser Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

It's obvious that they do not play their own games . that's why they didn't improve and made a big step backward.

No trade - that was fun before

4 cards LIMIT - that wasn't before

"Mute" player - actually a lot of players are really toxic and now not able to mute anymore

Game Animations - the new one especially when you lose a match it's just more toxic and annoying ( before wasn't any )

Tournaments and rewards - bad system and before was good

Opening boosters - bad ..sad .. totally not even similar to before

I can write down 10 or more reasons and it's sad that nobody START TO LISTEN the players and not the engineers and the moneys ..

Why do some new when the old was nice , playable , readable , and definitely more fun ..play LIVE it's just boring without a target and not competitive at all .

If there is a 0 start review u will hit it immediately since 1 star review it's already too much for what they do .

• Joe6ix
    Joe6ix Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I love this game personally!

• stealthboy2600
    stealthboy2600 Member Posts: 27
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I'm glad trading is gone. That is one positive.

However, the game itself is not as fun to play. PTCGL kind of gets in the way of playing with all the constant clicking, dragging, waiting, clicking, etc. PTCGO just seemed to flow and let me focus on playing. PTCGL makes me focus on PTCGL itself, getting in the way. Oh, and the bugs... Just today encountered a Raihan bug and an Amazing burst Rayquaza bug, both causing me to lose games.

And when the developers roll out new resource-intensive, broken, flashing, annoying and distracting animations as a new feature when there are so many game-breaking bugs - that shows me all I need to know about the future of this client. :( Their priorities are all wrong. I am convinced this game is being designed and developed solely by a group of art students who have never actually played the card game.

• Maxoutgirl76
    Maxoutgirl76 Member Posts: 5
    5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Also the rate of earning packs on here is slow, I can earn 3-10 packs a day on online... This is a tcg we need rewards that feel like rewards.