Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Do you think TCG Live sucks compared to TCG online? Be HONEST.

Options

Comments

• Maxoutgirl76
    Maxoutgirl76 Member Posts: 5
    5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

How is this a trading card game without trading that was one of the only reasons is log into tcgo. Throwing up trades was exiting for me. Plus you handed us a bunch of meta decks that's kinda dumb, then didn't leave us with enough credits to make even a deck of commons and decent trainers. I'm happy I didn't migrate. Probably will be years before I get back on this version. There are plenty of free card games on mobile that feel more rewarding. I buy plenty of codes and packs just for the codes then gave cards away to children. Your going to loose so many with this no trade option. The elite traders who like having decks worth thousands of usd$ and you put in a craft button. They will realize that is a stab when they loose the thrill of the hunt for cards they want.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

It's only called a TCG in English because that was the more popular English term in the 90s. Most other languages call it a CCG.

• Scerino_Zim
    Scerino_Zim Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I Second, Third, Fourth and fifth all of the above! I am so disappointed! Why try to fix something that is not broken, TCG!? WHY?!

• Imayeet1232
    Imayeet1232 Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Live sucks so much compared to TCG. I wish I never migrated my account, because it banned so many of my v’s and completely wiped almost everything I had. The chances of getting a good card were completely reduced, and I opened 25 packs, and the only good card I got was an arcanine. On tcg, I was almost guaranteed a v or something better.

I’m very annoyed, I think they should add a “migrate back” button because I am very disappointed.

I hope this gets better when it is released out of beta.

Pokémon should be disappointed in what they had made as well

• TechHog
    Options

I love how none of the things you complained about were actually problems with the game, but instead you complaining about one instance of bad luck and not knowing what rotation is. (Those "banned" cards actually only rotated and the same thing would have happened on PTCGO if it were still supported.)

• WinWin111654
    WinWin111654 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

For me, PTCGL is fine. One bad thing to say is that the apps makes my phone super hot!! It would not let me charge the phone until I stop playing and let it cool down. (I am using iPhone 14 pro.)

• WeepingAngel88
    WeepingAngel88 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I think it is missing a lot of features that will hopefully be added in eventually. The ability to just play the AI being one as after the first tutorial there's isn't much to do for new players to get used to the game or even seasoned players who just want to have some chilled games. The match making isn't great so trying to play any deck without Vs or now exs is usually a terrible match so you can't just have fun with random decks even in casual but it plays way better on my phone than online did and I enjoy the battle pass bit better than the vs ladder, easier to get rewards. Ranked is okay but needs some work it doesn't have anything that makes me want to play atm. Hopefully more modes will be added soon so there's more diversity in the types of decks played, also legacy format so we can use our old cards needs to happen soon! I miss my Fairy deck lol... Playing in casual with a fun deck with no Vs of Exs and coming up against mew vmax decks and stuff like that is getting annoying lol. It's making most of the cards completely useless. Most people are just playing op meta decks and that is just boring after a while. I wouldn't mind so much of they just played then in ranked but playing them in casual is getting annoying haha

• TechHog
    Options

You meant to say that you're hoping BW and XY cards will be playable soon, not a "legacy format," right?

• Diff_Mann
    Diff_Mann Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

• Shambling_Mound
    Shambling_Mound Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I just migrated across...and am stunned at how bad Live is. It migrated SOME of my card collection, but I lost all the cards I had gotten through Theme decks, a lot of which are key cards to all my decks. Now im learning there is no trading in Live, so there is no way to get them back.

Online was the only way I played Pokemon cards. Pokemon Live has killed the hobby for me entirely.