Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Do you think TCG Live sucks compared to TCG online? Be HONEST.

Comments

• archangelninja
    archangelninja Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Installed, Migrated, Realized the big mistake, uninstalled.

Leaving this, now looking into how to erase/delete the TCG part of my account.

PvP is not what I want to do... I wanted to play NPC only, not interested in forced PvP. Especially in a P2W game. I just wanted to collect the cards and maybe very casual card playing against NPC, so I won't bother anyone.

I wish I read this thread before i did my huge mistake.

This is my first and last post here, never again!

• justin123089
    justin123089 Member Posts: 9
    5 Agrees First Comment First Anniversary

I would of fired everyone involved with the idea of getting rid of the original and forcing them to migrate.

• Reisideist
    Reisideist Member Posts: 18
    5 Agrees 10 Comments Name Dropper
    Tcg live is absolutely sucks. I have been playing this game for years and the decks and metas have never been this broken. Everyone in the game plays a 5 certain decks.  

• CherryFizz507
    CherryFizz507 Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    5 Answers 100 Comments Name Dropper 5 Agrees

This is the same case with me except I did not migrate my account. Tcg online was SO much better and there are big flaws with tcg live.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

That has literally nothing to do with Live. The devs don't make the cards.

Also, how are you bad enough at posting to do this by accident?

• ward0009
    ward0009 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Although it was a free game and we weren't owed anything, I'm still going to slate it. Pokemon Live is that bad (imo) I don't actually play anymore - I log in every 2 months with the hope that it's changed drastically, or at least have general interfaces that I find usable, but sadly not yet. I've never known a game update to be so bad that I've quit playing before.

When I initially heard the new Live system was coming, I was excited, thinking it was going to make trading much easier - did not think for a second it would be completely removed from the game! Add to that all the older cards that can't be retained/used anymore - a lot of time and effort was put into to my card portfolio.

The user interfaces are not ideal, from deck building, right down to card openings - overall there's nothing to like about Live in my opinion, with the exception of being able to see how many cards you have in each expansion (although the interface cuts some of it off..).

Bring back PTCGO!

• Ampersundae
    Ampersundae Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees Name Dropper Photogenic

Live is ok. It has it charms, but them problem here is that there was a previous version of the game to compare it to. I'm not sure what the dev's team priorities were, but it's too bad when you remember features from online and think they could have just recreated that.

You're right about the user interfaces. Even after all these months it's still not very intuitive to build a deck. I'm especially irked by the pack opening process. Your new card takes up what.... 10% of the screen, while the rest is all useless gray? I have excellent vision and when I get a new card I'm squinting to read it. I know it's bigger after the pack is opened, but still, the pack opening screen is practically useless. After a bit of playtesting it should have been obvious to scale up those cards, and get rid of unused screen space. Getting rid of unused screen space is game design 101.

Even if I get the bug, and want to play on a Saturday afternoon or something I used to join a tournament. I'd still feel like I was earning things. The way this game is designed is that after you play one game a day, there's little incentive to play anymore. I for one hate this trend in gaming of getting you to play every day. I personally feel less engaged to play because I usually play one game quick as I can then quit the game for the day. Choices leading to less player engagement is simply bad game design.

I haven't heard if they plan on any updates, but they have the most valuable IP, and an example of how it worked for years, so I hope they improve on this. In person Pokémon card games are great, the rules are all there, the cards are out of their hands, all they need to do is make the app for people to enjoy them, and make it the very best.

• SuperSonicRacin
    SuperSonicRacin Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I never thought the new or old "Design" was good at all. They're trash and shouldn't even exist, worse than the people who buys Peppa pig games to meme at the reviews. Rather go play a game or something than hop on this worthless Trojan software.

• CptMorgnNoBeard
    CptMorgnNoBeard Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Honestly, I can't believe what they did to this game. All of my progress gone and was for nothing. Not happy at all.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Getting rid of trading in favor of crafting was a good move. It's way better, which is why all other TCG apps dropped trading.