Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Game doesn't load, stuck on "Loading data from server 7/40"

Answers

• Tamrekah
    Tamrekah Member Posts: 13
    10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes

I'd love to say this would damage their bottom line but to paraphrase ActiBlizzSoft, as "everyone's got a mobile device" they'll just focus on that market (which also suffers a similar problem, by the way).

Computer access is simply a side effect of the version of the Unity compiler they're using. The lastest edition presumably doesn't have w7/w8 libraries.

Gotta catch the latest compilers, even if they can't target builds to older architectures because of deliberately removing the necessary files.

Subscribe to VisualStudio365, it's required for Windows11 applications and deliberately won't compile for Windows8 but as you need Windows13 running on iPhone48 emulating Android927 Omega to simply install it... (sorry, I am obligated for at least one sarcasm per post 😀)

In all seriousness though - they have updated their compatibility list to exclude windows 7 and 8 and had this thread marked as "answered" before they bothered to tell us that so I guess this one is finally over. Nighty night!

• Bhramavi
    Bhramavi Member Posts: 51
    5 Likes 5 Agrees 10 Comments Name Dropper

last update was a bummer for me, in windows 8 too its not working getting stuck at 7. and they don't even care we invested money buying their cards and codes. I hope they realize this and at least in next update they fix this. Its like they are forcing update your windows. we are not going to help you. That's sucks

• kirbyking
    kirbyking Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

WIndows 7 and 8 arent the only releases having this issue, there's a few posts here from people on Windows 10. It's not an old OS issue exclusively and people shouldn't treat it as such. Also friendly reminder to the Windows 10 crew that you're on the clock as well, you've 2 years before you're in the same boat as the rest of us. Start saving for that new computer for Windows 11 minimum hardware requirements while you can.

• Tamrekah

You're not wrong about the new computer with all the "Trusted Platform Module" stuff Microfloppy are tring to pull these days. Remember to upgrade your graphics card, too if its' more than five years old because there probably won't be any W11 drivers for it.

I've only seen a couple of comments about Windows 10 but I think some people sorted it by deleting the original Unity folder from User/AppData and re-installing or something (they'll probably need to do it again when MS roll out a new "security patch", considering what a mess W10 still seems to be).

• TheRZA3
    TheRZA3 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Likes

>Update bricks the game

>Playerbase complains

>Update system requirements so nobody can complain again

>Never again mention this bug

Thanks for this childrens card game, it was fun while it lasted

• Rathin
    Rathin Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment

They changed the minimum operating system back to Windows® 7 on the main page, although I am still having the same problem of it stopping at "Loading data from server 7/40" and not advancing any further.

• Tamrekah

Weird they did that, not surprised it didn't help though.

I found an interesting bit of info from Unity itself (which this and many other things are made with)

"With Unity 2023.2, we are making a change to our supported platforms for the Windows Standalone Player and we will be removing support for Windows 7.

What does this mean for me?

We are increasing the minimum supported Windows version for the Standalone Player to version 21H1 (build 19043). In a previous announcement here, we explained that we track usage of the number of players that play

games on Windows 7. This number sits at approximately 1%, which is below our usual threshold for supporting a platform. As a result, from 2023.2, Unity will no longer produce Windows Standalone builds that will run on Windows 7 and older Windows 10 releases."

So it will probably only be a few more months before all unity based games fail to run even on unupdated windows10 machines.

• Bhramavi
    Bhramavi Member Posts: 51
    5 Likes 5 Agrees 10 Comments Name Dropper

yeah, that's the problem they want an updated version of Windows 10 or 11 to be able to keep playing. from the last update, it is a big issue that some outdated Windows or lower Windows 7 0r 8 cannot play ptcg live. but why is it failing in some phones too. and if it can be supported now should be the last update rollback so some users can play until then

• Charlie23Berry
    Charlie23Berry Member Posts: 9
    First Comment Photogenic 5 Agrees Name Dropper

I uninstalled the game (and have not played in about a month). I only came here to see if any Win7 users made it work. Looks like I'm not playing forever.

• Dubkip
    Dubkip Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

As much as this bug/error sucks, are people really surprised that a game isn't working on a deprecated version of Windows?? It's been time to upgrade for a while, no excuse to not be on W10 really. The fact that it is also still buggy on W10/11 is ridiculous.