Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Game doesn't load, stuck on "Loading data from server 7/40"

Options

I tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Stuck at the exact same spot. I'm currently using a windows 7 desktop. I was playing just fine yesterday (9/18/2023), but the patch today (9/19/2023) killed that fun. Any ideas on how to get past this step 7/40?

Best Answers

• HandsomePrints
    HandsomePrints Member Posts: 31
    5 Agrees First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

I'm encountering the same issue, also on Windows 7 and also right after updating the software.

• Charlie23Berry
    Charlie23Berry Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Agrees First Comment
    #3 Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I wonder how long till they patch the fix to the patch for windows 7 users?

• Archaic
    Archaic Member Posts: 11
    Name Dropper First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    #4 Answer ✓
    Options

It's not just Windows 7 users. I'm having the exact same problem on Windows 10.

• Sgv_Sth
    Sgv_Sth Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Answer First Comment Photogenic
    #5 Answer ✓
    Options

For the mobile version post-update, getting to 7/40 causes the screen to flash to white briefly starting from the bottom up before it continues. (The image is a cropped version that shows the white flash starting the occur to better explain.)

Perhaps when the screen is flashing to white, it is trying to load or do something that works on mobile, but fails on desktop. (Sorry that this is just speculation.)

• Papik81
    Papik81 Member Posts: 1
    First Answer First Comment
    #6 Answer ✓
    Options

Same problem here. I have Windows 7 and the game stops at 7/40 , then loops back to 4/40 ad infinita. At 7/40 there is usually some maintence message. Maybe server data broken?

• HandsomePrints
    HandsomePrints Member Posts: 31
    5 Agrees First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    #7 Answer ✓
    Options

The message "Collecting local assets 4/40" appears for a split second before returning to "Loading data from server 7/40". I thought that might be of use in case developers visit this forum which I assume they must since there's no other way to report bugs (at least not that I know of).

• warlord2k8
    warlord2k8 Member Posts: 5
    #8 Answer ✓
    Options

yep same problem does the same for me and just gos 7/40 just repeats itself and I am on Windows 8.1

• WatersAbove47
    WatersAbove47 Member Posts: 17
    Name Dropper First Comment First Answer
    #9 Answer ✓
    Options

Same exact thing happening to me, also windows 7. Stuck at 7/40 done everything I can, uninstall, clear cache, punch wall. Nothing working

• stevieb216
    stevieb216 Member Posts: 11
    First Comment First Answer Name Dropper
    #10 Answer ✓
    Options

Same thing happening to me - Windows 7, stuck on "Loading data from server 7/40" ever since the update last night. Was working fine for me before the update on September 18th as well.

Also seen it flash "Collecting local assets 4/40" like someone else reported as well.

I opened a ticket for this. Hopefully this can get fixed by tomorrow or Friday for the 151 release.

• MacGyverIII
    MacGyverIII Member Posts: 1
    #11 Answer ✓
    Options

Same problem here. Windows 10. Tried repair. Tried uninstall and reinstall from the latest on the website.