Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Game doesn't load, stuck on "Loading data from server 7/40"

Answers

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

That telemetry was backported to Windows 7 ages ago. If that's your concern, switch to Linux. And you're acting like 15 years is a short time for tech. Do you really think that every OS should get 30+ years or indefinite support? Should Windows 95 still be getting support too?

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Nevermind, you don't have to reply to anything. You're too childish to take seriously.

• stevieb216
    stevieb216 Member Posts: 11
    10 Comments Name Dropper First Answer

It was as of mid September ish... oh well, guess I'll keep playing on my phone (and tanking the battery :( )

• Bigmamapeenut
    Bigmamapeenut Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Fixed it by uninstalling and deleting cache at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\LocalLow\Unity\

Then reinstall.

• stevieb216
    stevieb216 Member Posts: 11
    10 Comments Name Dropper First Answer

What OS are you using? Just wondering if this would work on Win 7 or Win 8.

• HandsomePrints
    HandsomePrints Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Answers 10 Comments 5 Likes

Tried that, again, but no luck. They need to tweak something for Windows 7 to get the data to load from the server on 7/40. From the stats I've seen, about 3% of users are still on Windows 7 (like myself). Not a big number, but not insignificant either. Windows 10 is listed as the minimum requirement now, so not looking good.

• HandsomePrints
    HandsomePrints Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Answers 10 Comments 5 Likes

What bugs me is that the software worked 2 weeks ago. They obviously changed something when they updated the software 2 weeks ago, they just have to look at what changed and revert that back to the old way.

• Tamrekah
    Tamrekah Member Posts: 13
    10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes

I don't chuck smiling faces around to be taken seriously. I'm using obvious sarcasm to make a point.

I don't need Microsoft to actively support Windows 95 but I don't expect them to deliberately introduce an un-asked for feature and deprecate old functions as part of the update channel.

It's like Raleigh Bicycles no longer supporting their Grifter range and forcing a roadside Stick-In-Spoke upgrade to all their current users to make them switch to the new Mountain Bike range, while also performing a Cease and Desist on independent wheel manufacturers providing unofficial support.

I'm not overly bothered with this one as it's almost certainly something to do with Unity. Maybe Windows7 and 8 have a means of spoofing ID data which could interfere with the previously intended per-install monetisation scheme.

It's no worse than working with ATI and Nvidia to introduce drivers that require DirectX10 so that people had to update to Vista in order to get the latest shaders and volumetrics or whatever.

Just waiting on that unified browser experience that protects the children from social media by requiring a state-issued internet user account (perhaps issued at the same time as your social security number). You'll just need to update your equipment to a full biometrics-capable device to prevent identity spamming and every webhoster will have to update their pages to make sure they comply with all the data protection, money laundering and naughty speech tracking requirements.

Nothing to fear in a capitalist country though - all that data will be used for advertising rather than spying so that's fine 😁

• Acampora
    Acampora Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Insane how I can access it from my laptop but still can't from my main pc, impossible to try and get some training for locals

• Fincastle-Gym
    Fincastle-Gym Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

Worked on Win7 until last update. Same 7/40 thing.

Looks like there aren't any answers, just more people experiencing same thing.

👍️

😤