Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Just another casual player rant about this game that's getting worse every day.

Options

This game deserved a lot of players dropping the game for not being able to play it fairly, especially the more casual players.

There is no balance, since the release of Zacian I've been waiting for pick and ban mode in ranked and nothing, knowing that there is an extremely strong character waiting for you on the opposing team, what would you normally do? Obviously you'd vote for him to be banned from the match, after all, you won't count on Slowbro's UNITE Movement when Rayquaza appears on the map.

And now the developers "write a letter" to the community "apologizing" for Zacian being too strong and now for releasing Mega Mewtwo X and Y in the game... basically Nintendo and Tencent are creating their own ruin in the game and repeating the same mistake, and who is going to be left to play? "Pro-players"? I don't know, I've heard that some people have gotten tired of the game and don't even want to play again.

All I wanted was a moment where the game could be fair, in fact, "congratulations" on the launch of Blaziken being overshadowed by Mewtwo and the "fix" in matchmaking, and I, who am a casual player who never had the rate of wins under 55% in a single season now leave me at under 40%.

Either they change the game now and listen to the casual players who are asking for the pick and ban mode in ranked, or the game goes downhill and only "professional players" will be left to play against bots.

Comments

• FurrPride529
    FurrPride529 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    First Answer 5 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Likes
    Options

There is a simple fix to your problem.

Uninstall the game, your blood pressure will thank you for it.

• Bolt_Boy25
    Bolt_Boy25 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment 5 LOLs First Answer
    Options

I don't even play and this sounds bad.

• JoeyLockhart
    JoeyLockhart Member Posts: 13
    5 Agrees Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

💯 I can relate - the matchmaking fix seems to have gotten worse, with players at lower levels now included on the teams. If you're playing solo, it's RIP for the win rate. I consider myself lucky if I win 1 out of 20 or 30 battles in a row when playing ranked. And perhaps 1 in 40 when playing quick battles.

Not only Mew Two X and Y, but there are several Pokemon that were buffed and have been left buffed - Urshifu, Zacian's boosted attacks, the damage dealt by Crustle, and lately, Mew has been highly annoying - and now add Goodra/Laprus with Decidueye/Greninja/Inteleon - There is little to no hope of ever winning. Especially when players at lower levels are on the team, their items are not at level 30, and neither are their emblems up to date. Explain all of this combined with someone who plays by themself in ranked, hoping for a good team that settles for newbies most of the time, and loses against a team of players, either 3 or 5, who play together to annihilate their opponent in every possible way... Strangely, CPU isn't an option once you hit Master?! No matter how many losses you get in a row, you continually get a team that will play to lose each time, and you're left with mental, emotional, and physical burnout by the end of the battle.

Just not fair! The game needs to start considering player retention and gameplay from a player's perspective.

• punte2010
    punte2010 Member Posts: 17
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

this is the first time I have ever seen someone complain about crustle

• ShadowRose00
    ShadowRose00 Member Posts: 4
    5 Agrees First Answer First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Ye I totally agree it is bad which is such ashame since it has so much potential.

• KaustikHippy
    KaustikHippy Member Posts: 6
    First Answer 5 Agrees Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

I agree about the matchmaking and clans needing an adjustment. If you are playing on a team it should be against other teams, not against 5 solo players that can’t communicate or coordinate.

• GetGudBum
    GetGudBum Member Posts: 26
    First Answer 5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Comment
    Options

Oh dude, I was an Ultra 5, shot to 1, and BOOM! got knocked right back down to 5. Why you ask? Because of terrible randoms. Secondly, since the new season arrived, my rank dropped again, and I haven't been able to get past Veteran 4. The game FORCES ME to play against 3-5 stack teams and I STILL CONTINUE TO GET CRAPPY RANDOMS as teammates. You're NOT ALONE!