Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

There is definitely something wrong with the shuffling and drawing mechanic...

1235»

Comments

• eJinsu
    eJinsu Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Name Dropper

Come on, at least try. There are other options for why the code is messed up other than "a boogie man doing things that I don't know why he'd do that woaaooaaahh!"

Stop discounting the experiences of other people. The fact that you are okay with how it's affecting you doesn't mean other people are.

• eJinsu
    eJinsu Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Name Dropper

... sigh. Not at all what I was saying but okay.

Once again, the point went totally over your head lol. Silly person.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

That's literally the only way it can purposefully give you bad cards as everyone claims. Not a single person has made mention of getting unusually good RNG. It's somehow all bad, when a broken RNG would have to result in some players getting ridiculously good draws consistently too.

An actually broken RNG would either result in the exact same outcome happening often (and I mean drawing the exact same cards in the exact same order) or clumping. it's 100% true that the deck isn't programmed properly for other reasons, but the types of responses being given are clearly people trying to blame the game for losses rather than poor deck building or just accepting that bad luck happens sometimes. Overall this feels about the same as PTCGO other than the weird tendency to always open a card after adding it to your deck.

I'll give you some benefit of the doubt though. What platform are you playing on, and what's your region/time zone?

Also, use test deck and screenshot 10-20 opening hands with the same deck. If there's a clear pattern I'll back off.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

I also want to note that the algorithm that determined that something had a similar chance of happening as being struck by lightning ended up being off by 50% once corrected, changing those odds to 1/94k.