Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

PLEASE EMERGENCY TEMP-BAN FUSION STRIKE ENERGY

Options
TechHog
TechHog Member Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes

@TPCi_CursedSoup

This is the card causing the most issues. If you can't figure out how to fix it yet, just ban the card so that most people can play to some capacity. It'll upset people who love the deck, but if this is gonna be broken for over a week you can at least do this much.

Comments

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

I'm not sure it is because I've run into an opponent using regular psychic energy that also caused the desync. It seems like it has to be some interaction between two cards either inherently, or due to the engine rather than a single card.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

@Flagrama Then ban Mew VMAX and Genesect V, whatever. Just stop people from playing the deck. That's what they need to do.

• Fallacy0001
    Fallacy0001 Member Posts: 15
    5 Agrees First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

Can confirm i've gotten multiple disconnects from players using the Mew V deck and fusion strike stuff.

• Hyperion924955
    Hyperion924955 Member Posts: 54
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

It's not mew it's definitely fusion. I've been consistently running dte with no problem. People are playing fusion deliberately to get free wins. I also say this because dte is just better. Fully agree with techhog. Ban fusion energy or elesas or both. It's the fusion mechanic that's freezing the game and I'm grabbing screens of everyone I run into using it.

• Pip-pip-lup-lup
    Pip-pip-lup-lup Member Posts: 25
    First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

Agree agree agree. There are so many players climbing the ladder at the moment with auto-wins by stalling the game. It’s BS.

DTE mew vmax is fine- no obvious stalls.

it really seems to be fusion energy mew. Maybe there’s a psychic energy in there too but from my games - fusion energy seems the culprit.

personally I think the issue is the ability block on the fusion energy. I reckon there’s an issue with the ‘constant’ effects on the card.

• Jammer87
    Jammer87 Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

After one fight, I may have discovered some reasoning behind your proposed temp ban... On my client. :(

^ During that one fight:

1. Opponent attached FSE manually, and not by effect of Elesa's sparkle.
    2. After the manual attachment mentioned above, my game freezes to the point that I was forced to concede.
    3. Trying to battle again costs me 20 ladder points every try until closing and logging back into client.

^ Wish there was a way to save a game log here, but this game is not like PTCGO in that regard. Thus, all I can do is tell what I saw while judging by my own experience, and hope it's as good as a game log would be...

• Lambalazar
    Lambalazar Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Can’t say that I disagree with @TechHog here. It sucks to have to outright ban one of the most popular decks in format, but there are so many Mews being played right now that it really does make the game a drag sometimes

• Rockman9
    Rockman9 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Same here, maybe not the energy card but I had Mew Vmax freeze 4 games today. It was good earlier I think.

• TengoSoundwave
    TengoSoundwave Member Posts: 29
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

Absolutely agree. Ranked ladder is nothing short of impossible to climb right now when every other match-up is against Mew VMAX and ultimately ends with an early freeze.

Sticking to Casual is the best course of action to at least progress the battle pass. However, some updated official communication addressing the obvious issue would be appreciated.

• Mr_Sagara
    Mr_Sagara Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

The only deck I use is Mew VMax with Fusion Energy and I haven't ran into any problems. I don't understand what this is all about. I've been playing complete matches without problems.