Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Massive Leaks = Delays and consequences for Leakers

1235»

Comments

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers
  • TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 LOLs 100 Likes

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I don't see information leaks as that big of a problem. Companies have a right to try and keep the details private, of course, and I don't doubt that they will try and bring some legal charges against the leaker eventually.

But as a customer and fan of the games (despite my criticism) I think knowing as much as possible about the games before I purchase them can only benefit me and allow me to make more informed purchasing decisions.

I am also a person not overly concerned with spoilers, but I understand there are those who want to avoid them. Unfortunately that is just the consequence of having the entire world connected and able to share every tidbit they learn about anything instantaneously. If you want to avoid them, you just have to avoid everything but official trailers at this point. And even then, companies often spoil plots in their own trailers.

The employees' personal data is still unacceptable leak fodder. Knowing that doesn't benefit anyone and has nothing to do with the games themselves. It should not have been made available, and I unreservedly condemn it.

Again, the insight into past projects was really interesting. It could make for great products later down the line, once the information is no longer sensitive or relevant to upcoming projects.

They could release art books with beta designs, documentaries and developer journals recording the development and the internal thought processes, perhaps even playable demos of cut content if it were in a salvageable state.

It wouldn't be for every fan, but enthusiasts would eat that content up, and the information and records would just be sitting around and eventually lost to time otherwise.

• Pokémon342548
    Pokémon342548 Member Posts: 113 ✭✭
    10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes First Answer

@TPCi_GarbageKing Please have an effective solution for this!