Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Massive Leaks = Delays and consequences for Leakers

Comments

• Scashowian
    Scashowian Member Posts: 178 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Answer

guys what about the new leaked Pokemon from gen 3?

the rainbow wolf design's great btw.

i'm not a "toxic" Pokemon fan, but finding design leaks is good for me./gen

It helps me make characters for my game "Sumonsters"!

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

they didn't just leak beta pokemon they leaked everything even personal info which really is probably causing a lot of worry

• MonstaDash
    MonstaDash Member Posts: 192 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

I mean sure they are fine but the price it came at to get those designs wasn't worth it.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 LOLs 100 Likes

The information we got about older games, their development process and beta versions was really interesting. I wish Game Freak had done an official release themselves. Fans love that stuff.

It turns out the early versions of the Sinnoh legends contained a lot more... intimate details than even the Japanese release version.

And you thought marrying Pokémon being canon was bad?

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Agrees

Best to make leaking sensitive information of any kind a serious offense of the highest level.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers
    edited October 15 #18

Also, they really shouldn't have said anything about gen 10 or Z-A at all. It sounds really interesting, but since it's been leaked GF might rush it. Same thing with Z-A.

GF and TPC decide to actually take their time to make a game actually good because of the fanbase's complaints about the games being rushed and unfinished and then the fanbase leaks a whole Terabyte of unreleased Pokémon things because TPC and GF aren't rushing to release an unfinished game...

But honestly the biggest issue in this is the leaker doxing everyone from GameFreak. That's horribly disgusting and I really can't understand how they think that's ok.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 LOLs 100 Likes

I don't know if the leaks increase the risk of the game being rushed. If anything I think they would delay it to change the story. Maybe there is a danger of rushing changes to meet the previously planned release date.

Far more concerning to me is that Z-A is fun "despite the lag". A bad sign, and suggests that the extra time hasn't been used to improve the game engine or QA.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

I mean if that is in The actual cannon data of Pokémon why can’t he have the eating Pokemon discussion back which is way more light hearted

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Agrees

More like delay the project a bit more as a penalty for someone leaking sensitive information.