Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

We Don't Need Glitz and Glam

Options

When I first heard about the new game, PTCG Live, I was very excited. Finally a breath of life this game needed. I was also as equally excited to move all of my cards over. There was NO WARNING on which cards would NOT be moved over, and no warning that my decks would not be moved over. All of the time that I spent on PTCGO was wasted, seeing that a major chunk of my collection is just gone. I don't care about flying pikachu, despite what a great addition he is to my electric deck. I want my Master Ball Ace Trainer back. I want my Brock and Misty full art cards back. There is no reason to not add those cards.

Comments

• Wiselugia
    Wiselugia Member Posts: 9
    First Answer First Comment
    Options

I always thought the official migration FAQ was pretty thorough, especially in regards to cards: https://support.pokemon.com/hc/en-us/articles/6489934466708-Pok%C3%A9mon-TCG-Live-Migration-FAQ-from-the-Pok%C3%A9mon-TCG-Online-

• Lambalazar
    Lambalazar Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

It says loud and clear in the FAQ that cards from before Black and White won’t transfer.

Saying that there was NO WARNING is just plain wrong. FAQ has been up for a full year.

• skaerkrow
    skaerkrow Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

also your Master Ball and full art supporters are technically still in your collection, just everything BW to pre-SM isn't properly implemented yet.

(I've got my old expanded Seismitoad EX deck built on there with old full artsnd Ace Spec Computer Search but it won't let me even Test the deck lmao)

• Sunward222
    Sunward222 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited February 2023 #5
    Options

As a casual player, I didn't think to look up an FAQ as many casual players wouldn't, I didn't think it necessary. I now realize my mistake, and probably wont ever play either of these games ever again.

Its just disappointing.

• SPDK
    SPDK Member Posts: 16
    First Comment
    Options

• Brandonusofa
    Brandonusofa Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees
    Options

Were we compensated for our cards we had before black and white era? Did we get game currency for them during the transfer? I couldn't tell.