Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokémon that feel like they're from a different generation

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

@Alex_Vaporeon

Yungoos isn't a Gen 6 (VI) mon though, it's Gen 7 (VII). It first appeared in SM, in the first route.

• tommyK2020
    tommyK2020 Member Posts: 11
    Photogenic First Comment Name Dropper

@exad629534 Technically Meltan and Melemetal were released at the same time as Gen VII but they are classified as "Unknown" for their region. It's explicitly mentioned in Pokemon Go as they are marked under a separate category. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

• Alex_Vaporeon
    Alex_Vaporeon Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Agrees 100 Comments Name Dropper

@UnovanZorua Yeah, I know :) Idk why I wrote Gen 6. The first time I said VII... But I may or may not have just finished my math homework when I wrote that and my brain wasn't having it :)

• Anele1122
    Anele1122 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Scovillain, despite being from the newest games, feels like a Gen 3 Pokémon due to its edgy design, unique type pairing, and its similarity to the mixed attacker style of several Hoenn Pokémon, much like how some Pokémon from South Africa-themed regions might feel like they belong to a different generation.

• tyudrt45
    tyudrt45 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Slugma's distribution in gen 2 makes it feel like a gen 3 Pokémon. Scovillain, despite being from the newest games, has a design and type pairing reminiscent of gen 3 Pokémon.

• MonstaDash
    MonstaDash Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Photogenic 5 Agrees First Anniversary 5 Likes

Gen II Pokemon in general feel like they are from Gen III or others. I know their distribution wasn't great but I was looking at Marill and was like "oh yeah Gen III" and it was Gen II, same goes with Bellossom and Sentret and Lanturn and Murkrow, they don't feel like Gen II Pokemon because I felt they had better distributions and apperances in later generations than their own generation.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

@MonstaDash

I remember most of those as gen II Pokémon, but I almost forgot Bellossom was from gen II? Was the Sun rock really introduced in gen II? Even though gen III had Solrock? Also, Bellossom's vibes just suit Hoenn a lot more than Johto.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

I feel that Galar starters don't belong in gen 8.

• lilycove280
    lilycove280 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic First Answer

i always used to think absol was a gen 4 pokemon, because i played ruby for so long and never saw it, only ever caught one on mt coronet in platinum.

• MonstaDash
    MonstaDash Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Photogenic 5 Agrees First Anniversary 5 Likes

@UnovanZorua Yeah the sun stone was introduced in Gen II, its wild.