Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Can we have an edit button for posts?

Options

Comments

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

Yes, the buttons below a post just show Flag/Disagree/Agree/Like/LOL now. You can still use the link to a post as you showed but they removed the button itself.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I still have the quote button. That's what I used.

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

Other people have noted its disappearance as well. Maybe it's still present in your cache or something.

• TheJeffers
    Options

I tend to use my smartphone to browse the forum. Perhaps it is only on the mobile version of the site.

Along with the need for an edit and delete button, the quote function could use a rework. Nested quotes do not work well and it would be nice to edit or highlight sections without manually copying and pasting text.

Mods, plz!

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

I also still have the quote button, and I usually use my phone. I also checked the desktop version, but it seems it's gone there.

So yeah it does seem like it was removed in the desktop version only.

• CarumoTopaz
    CarumoTopaz Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Agrees
    Options

I'll admit, it's kinda bizarre to find out that the quote button is gone.

• TheJeffers
    Options

It seems to be gone on the mobile version now, too. Admittedly it never worked well.

I suspect that this is once more a symptom of using generic forum software. The function does not work exactly how they would like, so they restricted it and ultimately removed it.

The lack of a edit button is probably due to this reason. Perhaps it would be too exploitable, allowing a post to pass approval and then be edited to include prohibited content later. Or maybe the software ties editing privileges to the moderator or administrator positions, and they cannot decouple it.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

(I think) they added three dots near posts so maybe we'll get edit or delete buttons soon. Maybe. I don't know if they only just added them or if I'm just horrible at noticing things.

• TheJeffers
    Options

I think I saw someone say an edit button appears there for an hour after you post, but I haven't seen it yet. And often I notice mistakes I wish to correct or remember things I want to add long after the fact, so that wouldn't be too useful anyway.

• NoahLaprasForum
    NoahLaprasForum Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    Options

oh yeah i would be so handy.