Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Can we have an edit button for posts?

Options
TheJeffers
TheJeffers Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment

Once again, I am not sure where meta discussions about the website itself are supposed to go, so I am putting it here.

It can be frustrating when you submit a post (and often have to wait for approval) only to realise that you have made some mistake, be it a typo, formatting error or outright forgetting to include something you otherwise intended to post. We have no way to delete or edit such posts, so often the only solution is to make another post with the intended correction or addendum, clogging up the thread with such posts.

Can we have an edit or delete button for our own posts? If the moderators are concerned about people using it to make innocuous post only to edit them to include something offensive or otherwise not permitted on the forum, can we not subject them to the same approval process new posts are usually subjected to?

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Please, Pokémon Forums... admins? mods? Whoever can update it, please give us edit. Or at least Delete.

PLEASE

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 656 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Answer 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    Options

Also, they never say why some discussions never get posted. I made on that was quite literally harmless and it got taken down. What's so bad about seeing if my Ditto is hacked?

• UnovanZorua
    Options

I'm just going to comment here so that the discussion is on the first page and whoever updates the site is more likely to see this (and hopefully we get at least a delete button) (as I said previously, please)

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer First Comment
    Options

@Acornyo I think they mention that they want to keep conversations to official Pokemon products, so discussions related to hacked 'mons would violate that.

• UnovanZorua
    Options

Hey, whoever updates the forums, you haven't added a delete or edit button yet.

I will not stop until you give us what we've (or at least some of us have? There's no way only I want this) been asking for.

Pretty please?

• Mod_Skrilla
    Mod_Skrilla Moderator Posts: 268 mod
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer First Comment
    Options

Hello Trainer, Thank you for your feedback! Please let us know if you have any other suggestions.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

How did you summon a mod?

• UnovanZorua
    Options

@TheJeffers

Maybe by keeping this on the first page and asking for long enough? I'm surprised, too.