Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Cooldown moves bug/unintended game mechanic.

If you switch a Pokémon on cooldown from a move (EX: Zacian V with Brave Blade) the cooldown is skipped, and you can use the move multiple times in a row.

Comments

• Sakura150612
    Sakura150612 Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer

This is intended behavior. Not being able to attack on the next turn is an effect on the Pokemon, and all effects on a Pokemon are removed when they move to the bench. This includes more obvious things such as status effects (poison, sleep, paralysis, burn, confusion), but it also includes other effects such as the "can't attack the next turn" restrictions and even positive effects such as "next turn this attack does X more damage".

• EmpresPalpatina
    EmpresPalpatina Member Posts: 12
    First Comment 5 Agrees

I experienced this exploit of the game rules when I was playing against a Zacian/Zamazenta deck. It is rather frustrating, but it is a good strategy. Like Sakura said, I always forget that effects are not just the status conditions. I have actually lost quite a few games, because I forget how effects work and cannot combat my opponent.

• Fox13096
    Fox13096 Member Posts: 35
    5 Agrees Name Dropper First Answer 10 Comments

Although I agree that this is too powerful a move for a simple effect like that, I must say that asking developers to change this kind of asks them to change the whole effect mechanic, so I understand why it might not change.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

@Fox13096 The developers have no say in the rules of the game. They aren't allowed to change it.

• Fox13096

I don't think whether I made a mistake in mentioning the developers is relevant. It clearly wasn't my main point. My main point was that the mechanic of effects would be a pretty major thing to change in the game for one card. If you don't understand just insert [whoever designs the game and controls its rules] instead of developers.

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Answers 5 Likes

It will not change. The game is balanced around the basic rules like this. 99 times out of 100 Creatures knows what they are doing with the cards.

• Fox13096

That's what I was saying Flagrama.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

@EmpresPalpatina @Fox13096 Well, there's also the fact that it would break the game by making "this Pokemon is KO'd next turn" effects unavoidable...

• Fox13096

@TechHog That's true.