Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Radiant Charizard and Espathra Ex

Options

Radiant Charizard attack cost is not correctly affected by espathra ex ability. With 4 prize cards taken, opponent with radiant charizard in active with one fire energy, my espathra ex with ability active, opponent was able to attack

Comments

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

Dude, you just didn't read the ability. the ability says that one colorless will be subtracted for each prize taken.

Total attack cost: 1 fire, 4 colorless.

You took: Four prizes.

Therefore, four colorless will be subtracted. That plus one fire energy equals combustion blast.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 457 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Agrees
    Options

Was Espathra in the active, if so, what did your opponent have in play?

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

Ooooh ok, the Espathra adds one energy. Sorry for my earlier comment, then, I didn't read the ability. In this case it sounds like a bug. Unless Your opponent used something to decrease the amount of energy needed to attack, like a counter gain or something.

• kot123456
    kot123456 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Options

@OlderAngel11 espartha ex makes your opponents pokemons attacks use up one more colorless, so it shouldve made the cost 1 fire and 5 colorless. if he had taken 5 prized it wouldve worked as normal, but on 4 prizes the cost of attack shouldve been 1 fire and 1 colorless. pretty sure this is a bug that weve come to expect of this client, probably an interaction between radiant charizards ability and attack cost increases (also the case with pokemon league HQ)

• NomieTee
    NomieTee Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Had this happen to me today. The bug is still a thing.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

There haven't been any patches since this was posted.

• Muzzled
    Muzzled Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

The other day my opponent using Espathra ex was down to a single prize with no Pokémon league hq in play. For some reason my Radiant charizard with a single luminous energy attached couldn’t attack. Isn’t the cost supposed to be 5 colorless energy less since they took 5 prizes? Really upsetting considering I just needed to knock the Espathra ex out to win.

• Tweekin
    Tweekin Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

This is indeed a bug. I just submitted this bug myself not realizing that one was already posted. Hopefully it gets fixed soon it’s kind of a major interaction.