Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokémon TCG Live 1.3.1 Update Issues - *UPDATED 12/22/22*

TPCi_CursedSoup
TPCi_CursedSoup Administrator Posts: 275 admin
25 Agrees Second Anniversary 250 Likes 25 LOLs

With the release of 1.3.1 yesterday, multiple reports came through into the evening, highlighting various critical issues. One of these issues affects interaction with attachments to cards, which causes the game to soft-lock.

Currently, the team is investigating the issue and how it bypassed detection during the testing period. We will update this thread once more information is available.

-----------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 12/08/22

We have identified an issue in reference to the softlocks mentioned above that can occur in some matches in which players take the following actions:  

• Placing damage counters or moving them between Pokémon in play  
  • Attaching Energy or Tools using a Card Action (Attacks, Abilities, Trainer cards, Stadium activations)  
  • Moving Energy or Tools between Pokémon in play  
  • Selecting attached Energy or Tools to send out of play (this includes retreat cost selection)  

To avoid this issue, temporarily restarting the client after each match will reset the board state and stop the game from softlocking.  

The fix for this issue is currently in the works and will be implemented as soon as possible.

UPDATE 12/09/22

NOTE: Please ensure your game is updated to version 1.3.11 when playing.

The game received a hotfix that addresses the most recent issues previously outlined that caused the game to become unresponsive after multiple matches.

We will update this thread with more details on the issue, how it occurred, and how we avoid it in the future.

Please continue to report bugs to our Support Team or by creating a post here - https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/categories/tcg-live-bugs-feedback

Thank you again for your continued patience while this was worked on.

UPDATE 12/10/22

After the hotfix went live yesterday, we’ve seen an improvement in our data that shows fewer players are encountering the previously outlined issues. The team is aware this is not everyone’s experience and is thoroughly investigating the problem causing the game to become unresponsive.

Please note that depending on the type of fix required to update the game, there may be a slightly longer delay while we request approval for new builds through mobile clients. We will provide more details and updates to this thread as they come.

We truly appreciate the patience everyone has shown during this time. When things stabilize, we will ensure everyone in the game is well compensated for the troubles experienced during this time.

UPDATE 12/16/22

Throughout this last week, the team continued their investigation and identified fixes to multiple issues from players' reports. We isolated individual causes for the reported experiences and are working on testing and implementing these fixes as soon as possible.

Once testing is complete, the new hotfix will be submitted for approval on mobile devices, and an update will be made to our Maintenance Post.

UPDATE 12/20/22

Testing concluded earlier this week, and we submitted the newest hotfix to the app stores for approval. Once approved, an update will be made to our Maintenance Post highlighting the latest change log.

UPDATE 12/20/22

Our Maintenance Post is now updated with the upcoming changes with the newly approved hotfix.

UPDATE 12/21/22

Maintenance has concluded early, a new hotfix has been applied, and the game is now open. We plan to monitor the data and any new reports that may come in once more players begin to join and start matchmaking.

UPDATE 12/22/22

We have temporarily banned the following card:

• Furisode Girl (SIT #157, #190, #205)

The compensation mentioned in our previous message is being worked on. We appreciate your patience while the team determines an impactful amount that matches the issues experienced in the last month.

Comments

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

Not sure if this is important to mention but, i noticed my computer struggled a lot with the installer for the update, freezing multiple times before the installation finished.

Also, this is not happening on every account, me and a few other players are experiencing no issues with the game, even with the cards that interact with energies.

This makes me think the problem may be the installer not installing the update correctly, causing the game to corrupt.

• MakkuroKuroe
    MakkuroKuroe Member Posts: 9
    Photogenic First Comment 5 Agrees

I have a problem with the Damage Pump card

It seems it doesn't work when you have only one pokemon with damage.

The game selects it automatically, but it doesn't show the damage to drag... so you cannot do anything.

I think the auto-selection doesn't trigger the event to show the damage coins at the bottom of the screen

• Sough
    Sough Member Posts: 10
    First Comment

After I reinstalled and reupdated the game, issues seems to have been resolved for me. Im on PC client btw.

• Lambalazar
    Lambalazar Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 5 LOLs 10 Comments 25 Agrees

@Sough and @EduardoTcg05 Just tried uninstalling and reinstalling on mobile, no dice. Had one match where I could attach with Arceus and then another where I couldn’t.

The first match was the one where attaching energy worked too, had my hopes up for a second 😔

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

@TPCi_CursedSoup Looking around the internet, it seems to be a more common issue on mobile than on desktop. That leads me to believe that it was caused by the animation changes in the last update.

The next thing to test though is if it happens against AI, because I have a suspicion...

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes
    edited December 2022 #9

It's server load related... The issue was happening to everyone, but somehow wasn't caught in testing, and now it's working perfectly...

This is why we need an option to locally download all of the card art. That'll drastically reduce the server load and therefore bugs.

• Pokegirl_cards
    Pokegirl_cards Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

Hi!

I am having an issue with Cheren's Care.

It is not playable for me currently in all scenarios. Playing no other supporter cards in go, it is not letting me pick Pokémon that have damage counters on them.

I had expected that I might be me misplaying it. That a card should have attached cards, but I do not think that is the case, as explored it with and without it, and it still wouldn't let me reset the Pokémon, especially for V, Radiant, etc.

• MakkuroKuroe
    MakkuroKuroe Member Posts: 9
    Photogenic First Comment 5 Agrees

I'm trying reinstalling the windows client...

it's the same behaviour... it's happening with other cards as well, but always on the same type of action...

as an effect of a card, I have to drag&drop damage badges, but they never appear on the screen... so the only options I have is to concede, wait until the timer is out... and repeat on the next turn...