Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokémon TCG Live 1.3.1 Update Issues - *UPDATED 12/22/22*

Comments

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Answers 5 Likes

I've literally never seen any issues personally. Which quite frankly is astonishing since I'm playing the Windows version on Linux. These issues definitely don't affect everyone though.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

The radio silence is not encouraging. This game is supposedly releasing in 3.5 months, yet is almost completely unplayable. If the game is so far gone that we have to wait days for progress updates while it's in this state, it might be best to just reboot it with a more experienced team and aim for a Gen 10 release.

• Lambalazar
    Lambalazar Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 5 LOLs 10 Comments 25 Agrees

@TechHog Hate to break it to you, but saying that they should reboot the game in a different thread every other day isn’t going to make the team do it ✌🏻

• TechHog

@Lambalazar Brown-nosing TPCi isn't going to get you anything either.

Fact is, there are a lot of issues with the code because the dev team didn't understand the rules well enough when they started working on it. Problems are gonna keep happening until the codebase is redone by more experienced people.

• lvlrAdam
    lvlrAdam Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Anniversary 25 Agrees Name Dropper

Here we are December 15th and no updates from devs on the fix for the hotfix. I constantly have to restart the game, it freezes up almost every match, I can't find any matches half the time, and the ladder points are given and taken on a whim it seems. And what about this compensation you speak of? When and what? Communicate with us!!

• TechHog

At this point the compensation would have to be a free playset of every card in the entire Sword and Shield era to make up for how this is being handled.

• EmpresPalpatina
    EmpresPalpatina Member Posts: 12
    First Comment 5 Agrees

TechHog, I know that it can be super frustrating with the glitches and parts of the game that do not work, but are you a programmer that could make the game yourself? Do you know the intricacies of programming and how to make code? If you do, fine. I certainly do not know how to create a game myself, and while I am frustrated and eager to find out what the compensation will be, I do not think that it is right for me to talk about coding. I am sure that they are working to figure it out. None of us really know what is going on behind the scenes.

• Lambalazar
    Lambalazar Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 5 LOLs 10 Comments 25 Agrees
    edited December 2022 #39

@EmpresPalpatina I wrote a similar post to TechHog in response, but this forum doesn’t actually post half the time. Glad to see there are other reasonable people on here 🤘🏻

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Answers 5 Likes

@Lambalazar they use a very strict auto-moderation so some posts post immediately, and some need to wait to be approved by an actual moderator.

• TechHog

@EmpresPalpatina Well, next time you have some food tastes bad, make sure you don't complain unless you're a chef!

I know enough to be able to tell that these guys have no idea what they're doing. There's no way this was missed in testing if they tested properly. And it's also clear at this point that their claim that the hotfix improved things was a flat-out lie.

@Lambalazar I really wish this forum had a block/ignore option. You are what's wrong with the Pokemon fanbase. Consume, never complain. Hope you're also enjoying the Scarlet and Violet Early Access Alpha PS2 Remaster.