Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Opponents time reached zero and nothing happened

Eastcoast88
Eastcoast88 Member Posts: 1
5 Likes

Currently I'm looking at a screen with my opponent's timer is zero and the game is making me to concede? This person was losing and laid their phone down instead of leaving so I pay the price?

Anyone else seen this happen?

Answers

• GameAndLuke
    GameAndLuke Member Posts: 1
    5 Likes

Thats happened quite a few times to me too. I assumed they were just afk to force me to concede too (so they don't take a loss) but I have experienced the game freeze on me so many times that it's probably just that their client has frozen and they can't make a move.

I even waited for their entire move clock to count down to zero (yes, 20 whole minutes or whatever) but even then the game just sits there and doesn't end in a victory for me. I still had to concede/quit the game and take a loss :(

• Mod_Butterfly
    Mod_Butterfly Member Posts: 67 mod
    First Answer First Anniversary 10 Comments

Hi there, Trainers. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. If you're still noticing that this is continuing to occur I recommend for this instance you open a ticket with the support team. To do so, please visit https://support.pokemon.com/ and then click the Pokémon Trading Card Game Live link. From there click "Contact Us".

• GengarNopachai
    GengarNopachai Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

In my first match right now and this happens.

• onesourceog
    onesourceog Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Whats going on i think this game was really good but found this kind of bug after an 12 hour maintenance

• skyechan
    skyechan Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes

Literally happening to me right now. Timer has been out for over 20 minutes past the match time. I'm still waiting to see if something happens on my opponent's end (froze on their turn).

• andyfox76
    andyfox76 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Same thing to me twice now in a row.

• Mister-Burkes
    Mister-Burkes Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Anniversary

Just happened to me as well I think - opponent was losing so I thought they were just AFK.

• Mwncisee
    Mwncisee Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Has just happened to me too. Waited until their timer ran out and still had to concede. Very grating after a twenty minute wait! This really is a game breaking issue making it unplayable.