Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Does anyone else have a hard time with the Ghost Type gym in Violet?

I have been stuck in the Ghost Type Gym for a month and can't beat the Gym Leader with level 50 Pokémon no matter what combo plan I have. It is annoying to the point I want to delete the current game and start over with a different starter Pokémon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers

I hate double battles.

But you should probably:

• Level up (if you're not doing some kind of challenge)
    • Try to take into account the Tera types, abilities, and types in the battle and make a decent strategy (for example, a ground type or tera type with moves strong against ghost could do well against her Ghost Tera Toxtricity)
    • Try to use different Pokémon with different stats and movesets
  • CherryFizz507
    CherryFizz507 Member Posts: 196 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Answers 5 LOLs 5 Likes

The ghost type gym in violet is exactly like the dragon type gym in Pokémon type gym in Pokémon Sword and Shield.

You should 1: Level up your Pokémon A lot. One way to do this is battle many Tera raids or battle many wild Pokémon.

2: You teach your Pokémon Super effective moves. And One Pokémon attacks One Pokémon and the other attacks the other Pokémon.

• PinkYoshiFan
    PinkYoshiFan Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes Photogenic

Do you have any Pokémon that are one type steel and one type resistant to ghost?

That would only take normal damage from sucker punch (banette), crunch (houndstone), and discharge (toxicitry)

There's also the strategy of getting a bunch of X Attacks, X Speeds, and heals

• CherryFizz507
    CherryFizz507 Member Posts: 196 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Answers 5 LOLs 5 Likes

The ghost type gym in violet is exactly like the dragon type gym in Pokémon type gym in Pokémon Sword and Shield.

You should 1: Level up your Pokémon A lot. One way to do this is battle many Tera raids or battle many wild Pokémon.

2: You teach your Pokémon Super effective moves. And One Pokémon attacks One Pokémon and the other attacks the other Pokémon.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 LOLs 100 Likes

I chose Meowscarada as my starter, so Shadow Claw along with the high speed stat one-shot everybody. I then also have Orthworm on to kill Mimikyu and take some hits, as Meowscarada has a terrible defense. Only had one casualty (Orthworm).

• Preciza
    Preciza Member Posts: 53
    10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes First Answer

I used a skeledirge which just spammed snarl. Use snarl (it is insanely helpful) and I would also suggest a Pokémon with crunch as well. If you still can’t defeat her I would suggest going to grind some exp candy.