Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Shiny Pokémon

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

Wait, you're allowed to talk about those shinies here? I was too afraid to mention the 40 hours of resets I spent to get my Giratina.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

My favorite shiny Pokémon in my collection is by far my shiny Goodra. I caught it as an alpha in Pokemon Legends and transferred him out to Pokemon Shield to evolve him into regular Goodra with my XP candy hoard, and then dragged him to Violet so I now have Shiny Non-Regional Goodra in a Strange Ball with the Former Alpha mark. My greatest feat. I love him.

• JoeyyRattata
    JoeyyRattata Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Agrees 5 LOLs

Why wouldn't you be allowed to speak of these shinies here? Technically speaking, shiny-locks didn't happen until Gen 5. So he could have received a shiny Giratina someone migrated from Platinum haha. However, 40 hours of resets? I wouldn't have the patience haha! Man now I really want to play again and shiny hunt.

• Dedenne90524
    Dedenne90524 Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes

My favourite shiny is definitely my Level 100, IV trained in all IVS except Special Attack, Nature lowering Special Attack, and 0 Special Attack IVS, Rowlet.

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees First Anniversary 25 LOLs 100 Likes

I didn't know that it was that hard to get. I was just amazed that it was traded in a wonder trade and i got it!

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

Oh no. Who's gonna tell him?

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

@Michael629303 So… do you know what happened at Yokohama?

• UnovanZorua

I'm not really talking about that. I was more focused on Wonder Trade shinies usually being hacked. I got mine by Soft Resetting the Giratina encounter in Platinum, but most people wouldn't Wonder Trade a Shiny Legendary they hunted. The shiny is probably not a real one. It sometimes takes hours of Encounters to find one shiny, and along with the amount of Wonder Trade hackers, finding a real Shiny is Wonder Trade is probably as rare as actually finding a real Shiny.

I was too scared to say that I actually shiny hunted (since Pokémon and Nintendo usually prefer people playing the game normally), so it's a bit surprising to see that a comment mentioning probably-hacked legendaries was approved.

• UnovanZorua

It's fun as long as it's not the Switch (you have to close and open the game instead of press a few buttons to reset), and more importantly while you focus just enough to hear the shiny sparkles. It's a good idea if you have a lot of time and don't mind constantly resetting as you watch YouTube or TV. (Tip: Breeding shinies is hard and I wouldn't recommend it as a first shiny hunt)

I wasn't sure on how the Pokémon Company felt about Shiny Hunting, and usually wonder trade legendaries are hacked so I was pretty surprised they allowed it. I wonder if I can talk about the one-pokémon-per-route-and-if-a-pokémon-faints-it's-gone challenge too...

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

In my Sprigatito playthrough of Violet, I got a Shiny Kilowattrel.

Unfortunately, since my account isn't connected to that file, I can't really take the Shiny anywhere.