Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

balbahbal

which is better scarlet or violet

Comments

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

That's a surprisingly tough question. I'll just list what I like from each version.

Violet has uniforms with a lot more drip, which matters more given how little we have to work with in terms of customization. Exclusive pokemon feel like an equivalent exchange for the most part, but Ceruledge is much cooler than Armorouge. And Turo, the archetypal distant father figure engrossed in their life's work to bring about a new stage in humanity who neglects their child until a need for them arises, makes more sense as a male character in my opinion.

Scarlet has Roaring Moon and Walking Wake. That's it. But these two pokemon alone are just enough to make the two games equal.

• vspgaming
    vspgaming Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment Name Dropper

Scarlet is objectively better, Violet is a scam

• Elberta
    Elberta Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    25 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper 10 Comments

I don't think there's an objectively better game, but I'll list off the things that I like.

Violet: Has good uniforms, Ceruledge is cool, and Turo being a father finally giving some light to Pokemon actually giving love to the fathers, Miraidon has rocket blasting out of its feet.

Scarlet: Has Roaring Moon, which is objectively the coolest Paradox Pokemon out of all the current ones released. Koraidon shows so much more emotions in the game than Miraidon. The Paradox Pokemon are also much more unique than the ones in Violet (which basically just looked like robots of the Pokemon it originated from.)

• bilalm
    bilalm Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic

The major factor for me is the legendaries. I like electric types and Miraidon’s design, so I choose Violet!

• NavyWooperz
    NavyWooperz Member Posts: 22
    First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes 10 Comments

You can also check out the version exclusive pokemon to see if one game has a particular mon you really want to use.

• chillycapybara
    chillycapybara Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic

I think violet works more for the story because you wouldn't expect a more prehistoric professor to work on really high tech machinery (they could've had a variation of the story for scarlet).

The scarlet has better paradox pokemon in my opinion- creative-ish names and designs, but ceruledge and miraidon were just as good. I can't say much about the version exclusive pokemon because i don't remember much (i kinda fell out of pokemon a while ago), but I do prefer the color purple.

I'd still opt for scarlet though.

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

Lol is that deliberately similar to my comment

And I also find it funny that while Turo's vision sort of kinda makes sense, Sada's is just "reject modernity return to monke."

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

The existence of twin versions has long been redundant. It was somewhat justified in the early days when the technology was more limited, there was no online trading and they wanted to encourage children to go out and meet other people in the real world.

Now though, there is no reason both versions couldn't exist as one game. If Gamefreak still feel the need to encourage trading to complete the Pokédex, randomise a subset of Pokémon to be absent from your game at the start. You would have to seek out people who had the missing Pokémon.

At least in the first two gens' legendaries weren't version exclusive. You and a friend could catch extras of your version exclusives to trade. But that changed with gen 3. Now unless you find someone who is willing to give up their legendary, you are forced to buy both versions.

Gamefreak are desperately trying to justify the two version thing by making each one a variant on the same story with largely superficial differences. But again, there is no reason you couldn't have both on the same cartridge. I believe BDSP actually did that, only it obscured the option from the player.

I find it astounding that people actually buy the double pack with no discount whatsoever. If any other company did this they would be ridiculed and admonished for their greed. But it's Pokémon, Pokémon has always done this, so Pokémon continues to be permitted to do it for some reason.

• Elberta
    Elberta Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    25 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper 10 Comments

Sorry, but that's just my opinion, which is similar to a lot of people's opinion.

• DylanVsTheWorld
    DylanVsTheWorld Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    25 Likes Name Dropper First Answer 5 Agrees

Okay, so I got Violet because of Ceruledge. That’s a good enough reason to choose Violet.

But overall I prefer Scarlet. Better Paradoxes and such. And some of the character designs look better in the color red.