Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Hottest Pokemon take?

Comments

• zzzidy
    zzzidy Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic First Comment

i feel like designs have gone downhill significantly. pokemon was always about selling merch and creating marketable critters, but now its very transparent. a lot of the nonevolved pokemon seem to have that "kawaii" look to them - generic big eyes, some kind of behavioral gimmick. newer designs feel like they lack care.

• Dedenne90524
    Dedenne90524 Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes

I don’t like the fairy type. (not the design of Pokémon with the fairy type, the type itself) The fairy type was introduced to nerf my favourite type. (dragon) But ended up being one of the most powerful types in the game. If you want to nerf dragon-types, just buff ice-types.

• scotty774
    scotty774 Member Posts: 21
    5 Likes 5 Agrees 10 Comments Photogenic

Coming in here to second @Acornyo's take, and to take it further: As someone whose opinions are greatly impacted by the gameplay of Pokemon, I feel that Lucario and Gallade are incredibly lame pokemon from a gameplay perspective. It's hard to really put it into words, but the way that Lucario and Gallade sweep most games feels boring in a way that using Gliscor or Scrafty, for example, doesn't. It's likely that these two Pokemon have movesets that aggregate a ton of very powerful moves onto the same Pokemon, such that they feel almost mind-numbingly easy to use in combat.

• FairyTypeRobot
    FairyTypeRobot Member Posts: 10
    First Comment Photogenic 5 Agrees

I don't like incineroar, never did, and I was team litten from the start! Ended up picking popplio.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

@Funboy35 I honestly love that idea

• Oceangrl
    Oceangrl Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/comment/14950#Comment_14950I do have to agree with that (at least in terms of recent releases) but what spin-off series is your favorite? I'll always have a soft spot for Pokemon Colosseum and XD for the atmosphere and music even though the level scaling in both games is pretty bad. I was a fan of the Mystery Dungeon series when it released even though I was pretty bad at the game and only finished the remaster of Red/Blue Mystery Dungeon when it released several years ago.

In terms of recent spin-offs, I have to say Legends Arceus was really fun. The catching mechanic was fun and they made shinies easy to find. I also enjoyed the new pokemon snap game since the graphics are probably the best we'll ever get out of a pokemon game 😭.

• Seority
    Seority Member Posts: 9
    Photogenic First Comment

2v2 should be the norm for battles, at least for gym leaders/elite four.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

@Seority i definitely think the games would be much more interesting if that was the case

• RememberMidis
    RememberMidis Member Posts: 13
    5 Likes 5 Agrees 10 Comments Photogenic

The lack of a National Dex in recent games was an inevitability. A simple consequence of Pokémon's continuous growth.