Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Hottest Pokemon take?

Options

Comments

• HolyLance1337
    HolyLance1337 Member Posts: 66
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

You are wrong on three accounts.

Firstly, Ditto does not counter Zacian; it revenge kills it.

Secondly, the best counter to Zacian is Quagsire.

Thirdly, the answer to the question of what "the best Pokémon" is is inherently subjective, since there are so many different ways to judge how good or bad a Pokémon is. Yet, even so, the notion that Zacian is the best Pokémon is almost certainly objectively false.

If you define "the best Pokémon" as the one that gives its user the most consistent success, then Zacian cannot be a candidate for "the best Pokémon," because it does not find itself on the best team in SwSh Anything Goes, SwSh National Dex AG, OR SV National Dex AG, although I will admit that it MAY be on the best team in SV Anything Goes, since I do not know what the best team in that tier actually is (I feel that it's unlikely, though). But even if Zacian does happen to be on the best SV Anything Goes team, then that still wouldn't explain why the best Pokémon in SV Anything Goes is Zacian specifically, rather than any of the other five Pokémon that make up the best SV Anything Goes team.

If you define "the best Pokémon" as the one that is most difficult for the opponent to face, then Zacian is easily surpassed by:

• Shadow Rider Calyrex and Dynamax Life Orb Yveltal in SwSh Anything Goes
    • Shadow Rider Calyrex, Dynamax Life Orb Yveltal, Mega Rayquaza, and Primal Kyogre in SwSh National Dex AG
    • Shadow Rider Calyrex, Koraidon, and Miraidon in SV Anything Goes
    • Shadow Rider Calyrex, Mega Rayquaza, Koraidon, Miraidon, Liepard, Machoke, and Machamp in SV National Dex AG

And all of this is not even touching on the many other ways one can use to define "the best Pokémon," such as overall historical dominance, dominating a single generation harder than any other Pokémon has, and other things like that.

• HolyLance1337
    HolyLance1337 Member Posts: 66
    Options

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/comment/16469#Comment_16469You are wrong on three accounts.

Firstly, Ditto does not counter Zacian; it revenge kills it.

Secondly, the best counter to Zacian is Quagsire.

Thirdly, the answer to the question of what "the best Pokémon" is is inherently subjective, since there are so many different ways to judge how good or bad a Pokémon is. Yet, even so, the notion that Zacian is the best Pokémon is almost certainly objectively false.

If you define "the best Pokémon" as the one that gives its user the most consistent success, then Zacian cannot be a candidate for "the best Pokémon," because it does not find itself on the best team in SwSh Anything Goes, SwSh National Dex AG, OR SV National Dex AG, although I will admit that it MAY be on the best team in SV Anything Goes, since I do not know what the best team in that tier actually is (I feel that it's unlikely, though). But even if Zacian does happen to be on the best SV Anything Goes team, then that still wouldn't explain why the best Pokémon in SV Anything Goes is Zacian specifically, rather than any of the other five Pokémon that make up the best SV Anything Goes team.

If you define "the best Pokémon" as the one that is most difficult for the opponent to face, then Zacian is easily surpassed by:

• Shadow Rider Calyrex and Dynamax Life Orb Yveltal in SwSh Anything Goes
    • Shadow Rider Calyrex, Dynamax Life Orb Yveltal, Mega Rayquaza, and Primal Kyogre in SwSh National Dex AG
    • Shadow Rider Calyrex, Koraidon, and Miraidon in SV Anything Goes
    • Shadow Rider Calyrex, Mega Rayquaza, Koraidon, Miraidon, Liepard, Machoke, and Machamp in SV National Dex AG

And all of this is not even touching on the many other ways one can use to define "the best Pokémon," such as overall historical dominance, dominating a single generation harder than any other Pokémon has, and other things like that.

• Bionicthehedge
    Bionicthehedge Member Posts: 5
    Options

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/comment/16271#Comment_16271No

Pokemon needs more content which is balanced to be worth more than $40. I know you're not going to get it perfect but the last couple generations power creep is insane!

• Creamstar
    Creamstar Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Generation 6 isn't as bad as people say. Also, Fennekin is better than Froakie

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer First Comment
    Options

@Bionicthehedge Could you elaborate a bit more on what you mean? By the power creep thing?

• Pokebro1229
    Pokebro1229 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Gen 8 has so many cool designs. I prefer many gen 8 mons over gen 2-7 mons.

• machlikenjoyer
    machlikenjoyer Member Posts: 16
    First Comment
    Options

Aside from the extremely obvious, they should have kept going with Megas, given every Pokemon a Mega, and expended great effort to ensure that every Mega received some interesting combination of Typing, Moves, and (unique) Abilities.

• EliteFourSully
    EliteFourSully Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Pokemon battle revolution has the best soundtrack out of all pokemon games

• Token1079
    Token1079 Member Posts: 26
    Options

The Pokemon sun and moon anime art style is good

• Arbiter1337
    Arbiter1337 Member Posts: 40
    5 LOLs Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

i think all fully evolved pokemon or single stage pokemons should be viable (Give Ledian and Delibird Huge Power)