Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Hottest Pokemon take?

Options

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    Options

@Seority Not the norm, but it is a cool feature that they should make more use of. If nothing else just to keep the experience more varied and interesting.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    Options

@RememberMidis I know this has been done to death, but why not copy the models, animations and dex entries from previous games if they do not want to remake every Pokémon in every new game? Was that not the purpose of making high definition models back in gen 7, despite the fact that the 3DS could not render them.

Very few expect every Pokémon to be catchable in game. But I think the majority of us would like to be able to transfer them, even if everything about them is a copy-paste job from the previous game. It is better than them being locked in Pokémon Home.

• BloodLilies
    BloodLilies Member Posts: 5
    First Answer First Comment Photogenic
    Options

GSC/HGSS's generic trainer rematch system is the absolute worst. According to an online guide there are currently two trainers available for rematches. Compare that to RSE/ORAS where it's just random, or any game with a VS. Seeker. Especially when you combine it with GSC's phone number limit, or the constant repetitive calls from HGSS.

• Hasan987
    Hasan987 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Pokemon Z and Delta Emerald should have happened, and both games should have had the Hoenn and Kalos regions. Each game starts in its respective region, and we travel to the other region via Hoopa portal.

• theBingoo
    theBingoo Member Posts: 16
    5 Agrees First Comment Photogenic
    Options

There will never be a great mainline pokemon game. There is always something holding them back, from graphical fidelity and technical limitations to gameplay and story. And this will never change because pokemon is too big to take risk.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer First Comment
    Options

@theBingoo They really just need to take the time to develop the games they want to make, rather than force themselves to abide by a constant schedule.

Unfortunately, that's probably not going to happen, as Pokemon is big. But maybe not in the way you're thinking of- I read a comment on YouTube once saying that Pokemon has to coordinate their game releases with a variety of other products, such as plushes, the TCG, and the anime. That interconnectedness means that it's more beneficial for them to create the game on time and risk it being rushed and bad than simply wait to create a good game and hold the whole system back.

I just hope it doesn't get any worse than what happened with Sword and Shield and Scarlet and Violet.

• your_ethanlac
    your_ethanlac Member Posts: 18
    First Comment 5 Likes First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

People say that Ice is the worst type in the game, but I think Rock is worse. Both of them are awful defensive typings with good offensive matchups, but Ice moves tend to have better accuracy for their power, and there are more fast offensive Ice-types than Rock-types. Rock has had it really bad since gen 2, where Steel took over its niche of resisting Normal and gave it yet another type to be weak to.

• Fenrinoa
    Fenrinoa Member Posts: 14
    First Answer 5 Agrees Name Dropper 5 LOLs
    Options

The Hoenn games needed more water

• Fenrinoa
    Fenrinoa Member Posts: 14
    First Answer 5 Agrees Name Dropper 5 LOLs
    Options

The Hoenn games needed more water

• 1_Sylveon_Fan
    1_Sylveon_Fan Member Posts: 10
    5 Likes 5 Agrees Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Umbreon is overrated. I tried using it on my Shield eveelution only nuzlocke and it didn't go well for after adding umbreon. The design isn't even that cool. It looks a five-year-old scribbled on it and compared to other eeveelutions the design is uncreative and lacking.