Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

please stop playing stall

Options

Comments

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

@Zhula It is not the BDIF in any way. Like you said, Tina does keep it in check, but it also loses to a lot of other decks. Mew has the capability to defeat it, and so does Zard, and pretty much every deck in the format can win against it, it just depends on how you play, which in a way, makes it the most respectable deck in the format.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

@Zhula I suppose I should clarify what I mean by finicky. I mean that it is a difficult deck to show up to a tournament and play with no experience; it takes an experienced player to use it well, and even then mistakes will sometimes be made. In my opinion, it’s (by far) not the easiest deck in the format to play well, although it may not be the most difficult to pilot. And I don’t think I’d classify it as BDIF.

• Zhula
    Zhula Member Posts: 62
    5 Likes Photogenic 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

@OlderAngel11 that was the must uninformed comment i've ever seen. you should lose posting privileges for a week for unironically saying zard can beat it

• Zhula
    Zhula Member Posts: 62
    5 Likes Photogenic 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

@Octowen that's reasonable

• OlderAngel11
    Options

@Zhula Zard can and does beat it.

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

do you think 180 damage isn't enough damage to knock out a 150hp snorlax?? You only need to manage one knockout for bravery charm (no, you don't want to be using lux cape) to no longer be an issue. and zard decks often have a lost vacuum tossed in as a tech.

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

(forgot it's the opponent's prizes taken that matter as opposed to your own. but god forbid the forum have an edit button.)

• OlderAngel11
    Options

Even if you don't one-shot them, just swinging for 180 over and over is often too much for blocklax to handle.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

@PachirisuFan1 and @OlderAngel11 the damage output of your deck is not usually what determines if you beat Snorlax Stall. It’s usually your switch card count. Most decks can do 180+ a lot. I’m not saying Charizard can or can’t beat Snorlax Stall consistently or not, because I’m not familiar with the matchup; I’m just stating that dealing damage to Snorlax Stall is a privilege, as they’re going to try to gust something that doesn’t attack up to the active spot whenever they can.

• OlderAngel11
    Options

@Octowen I am in no way saying that high damage output guarantees you the win (we've seen other Charizards do 300 damage and be completely unplayable) but I do believe that being able to one-shot snorlaxes consistently puts a lot of pressure on them and forces them to find their gusting effects faster. I am aware that lots of decks can do 180 damage regularly, they just can't do it as consistently as Zard can. Believe me, there are situations in which Zard will lose to Snorlax, but if you play the game carefully, monitor the pokemon you put onto the bench, put all your non-attacking pokemon in the lost zone with your Lost Vacuums, and manage your energies wisely, then it can be surprisingly easy to win.