Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

please stop playing stall

Options

i hate having to farm you for points but it taking 30 minutes dude. grow up get a life

Comments

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

You can get the same points from casual with the benefit of being able to immediately concede if you don't want to face a certain deck. Stall is otherwise a perfectly valid strategy and honestly takes a lot of effort to even use effectively so, as annoying as it can be to face, i can't fault someone for running stall well enough that a game takes 20 minutes 😂

• Zhula
    Zhula Member Posts: 60
    Photogenic 5 Agrees First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

99% of the time i instantly concede to stall and i'm over 1k cr. i don't care in the slightest. it's not worth the time. it's not fun, it's extremely cringe that someone willingly queues that up. take my points and i'm on to a real game.

also if you play stall at locals, people are clowning on u when ur not paying attention

• HILOHILOHILO
    HILOHILOHILO Member Posts: 8
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I mean I play goldengo and palkia and mimickyu stalls me, but I mean, it does take skill to set up the whole deck…

• Nickalooose1
    Nickalooose1 Member Posts: 45
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

I mean, it doesn't take skill to put a bunch of cards that says, "prevent" this or "prevent" that lol, but I get the logic

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 380 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

@Nickalooose1 what you say is true. But that’s not all that a stall player is doing. If you play 4 Block Snorlax and 56 energy, you will lose. It’s the other cards in the deck that add value, and it’s also the other cards in the deck that add a skill threshold.

• Nickalooose1
    Nickalooose1 Member Posts: 45
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

True.

But I watched a championship match the other week, and 2 guys ended up drawing 1-1 because of stalling, is it plausible to say, stall decks are finicky? You may win, you may lose etc., so is it worth playing?

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 380 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

@Nickalooose1 oh yeah they’re definitely finicky.

• Zhula
    Zhula Member Posts: 60
    Photogenic 5 Agrees First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

they are not finicky. the entire deck is consistency. it does what it does almost every game, and makes your opponent have it. it's the best deck in the format which is extremely cringe. the only thing keeping it in check is tina and its popularity.