Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Ladder Rank— How High Have YOU Gotten?

Comments

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

Not really in standard casual but you are more likely to see custom decks not guaranteed in expanded

• Mister-Burkes
    Mister-Burkes Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    10 Comments First Answer First Anniversary 5 Agrees

I reached Arceus for 5 ladders straight, but most of you are correct that it's often not worth the frustration or grind. It's a lot easier to maintain Arceus than to grind from the bottom back to Arceus, since resetting to Deoxys is actually not that bad (you start at 2040 and need net 31 wins after each reset). However, I took an extended break from the game and dropped multiple leagues, so my goal is to just get to Azelf (for the deckbox mainly) until the developers rework the ranked ladder.

If you do want to go for Arceus:

You ideally need to be winning 66.67% of the time if you want to grind to Arceus, otherwise it can get really slow and tedious. 60% winrate is manageable. 55% is not worth worth the frustration imo and it might be time to build a new deck to counter whatever you're running into the most.

The most annoying climb is from Azelf to Deoxys, it's the longest stretch you'll encounter (you need 700 points = net 35 wins). What makes this stretch especially annoying is your matchmaking variance here. You might queue into Deoxys+ players with the most optimized meta decks, and you might queue into Houndoom+ players experimenting with janky techs that happen to counter what you are running.

At higher ladder ranks, if you happen to be queuing into players with favorable matchups, keep requeuing, since there's a high chance you'll run into the same players again. Similarly, if you run into an unfavorable matchup, wait a few minutes before requeuing.

• ThetaX55
    ThetaX55 Member Posts: 28
    10 Comments Name Dropper

I got to graninja.

Then it went to Pikachu...

That was lame. It's pretty tough ranking. Hate the people with Charizard, Arcanine deck. Loose a bunch of times

• Zhula
    Zhula Member Posts: 68
    10 Comments 5 Likes Photogenic 5 Agrees

@Mister-Burkes do you play snorlax

• Mister-Burkes

@Zhula Currently, I alternate between Snorlax lock and Arceus Vulpix.

• Zhula

figures. super cringe, but playing anything else if your intention is to climb is just griefing urself

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Answers

Oh great, Zhula is back to ruin this perfectly fine conversation.

• Mister-Burkes

@Zhula Self griefing? More like free wins from players conceding T1 :)

• Zhula

typical snorlax player reading comprehension

• Nickalooose1
    Nickalooose1 Member Posts: 42
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Agrees Name Dropper

Is it worth going past 600 points