Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.
Attention Trainers!

We are aware of an issue preventing some players from starting a match properly in TCG Live. We are actively investigating this issue and will update you soon.

Thank you for your patience.

Pokémon TCG Live 1.3.0 Update Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Jeffzaky
    Jeffzaky Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Está muy bien el juego y me gustaría que agregaran opciones para un jugador así como en tcg online, además de poder jugar con baraja temáticas

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

@Fox13096 Fairy-types stopped being printed in Sword and Shield. There aren't any legal in standard play any since the last ones rotated over a year ago.

• Bpb1992
    Bpb1992 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I think Chesnaught V is broken. I just got hit by a Blissy V with a cape of Toughness once, with 3 Chesnaughts in play and the Blissy V took 360 damage.

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

@ovargasi You don't want the timer removed. Lengthened, sure, but if it's removed people will just start matches and then never do anything. At the same time, it sounds like this may be a performance issue? Or perhaps a network issue? Even on my laptop where it's a bit laggy I've never ran into issues with the timer. It's only ever popped up to me when I've legitimately been trying to make a decision.

• ovargasi
    ovargasi Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@Flagrama Not at all. Performance and network are just fine. Lag does not allow to play properly and is only a desktop, on my phone, this does not occur. Regarding the timer, I may say that maybe a small percentage of games may happen that someone will not do anything. But most of the time you will get a full game without this issue. Maybe you could keep the timer but only after 10-15 seconds of stillness by a player. But not from start.

• TinTin527
    TinTin527 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    Options

Battery drain needs a fix. I’ve got an iPhone 13 Pro Max and the battery is unreal….apart from if I’m playing this game. Each game takes 10-20% battery and the heat from the phone bakes my hands to a decent medium rare.

• MisterCinephile
    MisterCinephile Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Amoonguss

”Surprise Spores” ability triggers when knocked-out in battle, discarding the other players entire hand.

unless I’m reading it wrong, isn’t that only supposed to happen when it’s discarded from your hand by your opponent?

(Side note, this is a good troll against Lost Zone decks that suffer discarding their massive 10+ card hands, losing valuable Mirage Gates and Energy Recyclers)

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

@MisterCinephile sigh

I don't like calling devs lazy, but the number of shortcuts that are taken with programming cards in this game is just ridiculous now. @TPCi_CursedSoup I'm sorry for pinging, but you need to look over this code with a fine-toothed comb, and in the future you need to have several Professors or judges on-hand that you ask about EVERY SINGLE interaction before pushing the code. If this means sets start releasing a week or two late, that's fine in the interim while you hire more people. I know it's a beta, but you can't rely on us to do all of the testing, especially when we only get patches every 2-3 months.

• TPCi_CursedSoup
    TPCi_CursedSoup Administrator Posts: 256 admin
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

I don't like calling devs lazy, but the number of shortcuts that are taken with programming cards in this game is just ridiculous now. @TPCi_CursedSoup I'm sorry for pinging, but you need to look over this code with a fine-toothed comb, and in the future you need to have several Professors or judges on-hand that you ask about EVERY SINGLE interaction before pushing the code. If this means sets start releasing a week or two late, that's fine in the interim while you hire more people. I know it's a beta, but you can't rely on us to do all of the testing, especially when we only get patches every 2-3 months.

No need to apologize! Thank you for taking the time to bring attention to this. The issue and your feedback have been passed along.

Your patience is greatly appreciated.

• Jamills
    Jamills Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Battery drain needs a fix. I’ve got an iPhone 13 Pro Max and the battery is unreal….apart from if I’m playing this game. Each game takes 10-20% battery and the heat from the phone bakes my hands to a decent medium rare.

Having the same issue as @TinTin527 Same phone and same problem. Having to apply Aloe after playing due to skin burns