Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Things you like about Scarlet and Violet?

Options
Mechxel
Mechxel Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
5 Agrees Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

I have a lot more likes than gripes about these games (I know, blasphemy) so what are some things you guys actually like and enjoy about Scarlet and Violet?

Best Answers

• lillie_trash
    lillie_trash Member Posts: 28
    5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs First Comment
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

i really like that theres more treasure hunting in this game than previous ones (with the sealing stakes, multiple copies of tms, and such) and i personally really like the future paradox pokemon way more than the past ones

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    #3 Answer ✓
    Options

The Olive Roll and the easy shiny odds. In Sw/Sh I never found a shiny, not one, but in this game I’m finding a lot of the shinies I dreamed of catching as a kid, and of my favorite mons. This game includes quite literally all of them, from my first favorites like Pachirisu and Azumarril to my modern favorites like Goodra and Skiddo.

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer First Comment 5 Agrees
    #4 Answer ✓
    Options

In terms of writing, the plot is more grounded, the characters are more relatable and endearing. More fleshed out story too, with multiple storylines that converge organically. Best in the series.

In terms of gameplay, shiny hunting is the best it's ever been (barring USUM legendaries).

• CherryFizz507
    CherryFizz507 Member Posts: 179 ✭✭
    First Answer First Comment 5 LOLs 5 Likes
    #5 Answer ✓
    Options

I think that the game is almost PERFECT. The only thing I don’t like is the glitches.

Answers

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

The story was poorly handled and I disliked the school setting, but I liked a fair number of the main character arcs and story beats. I like a lot of the main characters' designs (though I can't say the same for the generic NPC designs). I like a fair number of the new Pokémon. I am glad that if we have to have a 3D game, we finally have full camera control.

It is a shame. I feel the game is underdeveloped and could have been much better if it had been given more development time.

• Mechxel
    Options

@TheJeffers I thought the story was fine

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs First Comment
    Options

I like the characters, they feel so real and well-made this time.

(unlike Hop who got beaten one time by someone who insulted his brother and then made that his entire character development. What).

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

@UnovanZorua Hop is my favorite rival. Either him or that one guy from Sun and Moon. Seems chill.

• TheJeffers
    Options

@Mechxel What did you like about it?

I made my own post with my own thoughts yesterday but I guess it got memory holed.

• Mechxel
    Options

@TheJeffers I liked having the option of doing the story in any order I wanted and there were parts that were really emotional

• TheJeffers
    Options

@Mechxel The nonlinear story progression would have been nice if the different stages scaled to your progress. As it stands, most of them are laughably easy and if you skip ahead to the higher level ones that just exacerbates the problem when you inevitably return to the lower ones.

The manga gave the solution to this in the Red/Blue chapter. Change the number and levels of Pokémon you fight based on badges.

• Mechxel
    Options

@TheJeffers I get where you’re coming from