Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Conceding should be penalized

Options
2»

Comments

• aoowww
    aoowww Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

The main problem I believe is that people concede when in the last turn of the opponent when they know they are going to lose and the person who would win, earns less xp because of that.

None of the solutions you proposed fix the main problem.

I like the positive reinforcement and already saw this in the daily quests but still not enough, the person only needed to finish 2 matches... it is nothing and the person also can change the quest so still does not fix the problem.

Maybe if the reward xp be as full prize cards at least if the opponent concede after someone earned a prize card in the game would work better. The quiter can quit and the player at least earn the xp and that should not bring much bugs.

• Sahri
    Sahri Member Posts: 29
    5 Agrees First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

They should make it so the player can concede only when it's their turn. That would solve a lot of problems.

• ListlessBebop
    ListlessBebop Member Posts: 19
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer
    Options

Conceding is totally normal in professional play where time is limited and continuing to play when it’s obvious you will lose is counter productive if means you can go into another game, in which you might be able to secure a win. On the ladder I’m also not sitting around waiting for an opponent to play their turn out if I know they have got the win because that’s dead time I could spend playing another game. If that results in less exp/coins or whatever for the opponent than that’s a fault of the game and should be addressed by the developers…along with the other thousand issues live has.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Yeah honestly just make it so if your opponent concedes you still get full rewards.

• aoowww
    aoowww Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

The main problem I believe is that people concede when in the last turn of the opponent when they know they are going to lose and the person who would win, earns less xp because of that.

None of the solutions you proposed fix the main problem.

I like the positive reinforcement and already saw this in the daily quests but still not enough, the person only needed to finish 2 matches... it is nothing and the person also can change the quest so still does not fix the problem.

Maybe if the reward xp be as full prize cards at least if the opponent concede after someone earned a prize card in the game would work better. The quiter can quit and the player at least earn the xp and that should not bring much bugs.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

@QuickiTurtle the only problem with your plan—and I know this is for a minority of decks, but still—is that if someone plays a mill or control deck trying to cause your opponent to deck out, and your opponent draws the last card in their deck and realizes they can’t win (or somehow restock their deck) that turn, they’ll naturally forfeit the game, which means the mill deck would get reduced prizing.

Maybe just say if a prize card is drawn or your opponent has less than 30 cards left in deck.

Because either scenario means the game has been going on for a while.

• DibsOnUrBed
    DibsOnUrBed Member Posts: 16
    First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

I hate having to concede last turn and generally just let the opponent take the win unless they start screwing around and playing unnecessary cards and abilities instead of just attacking for game. Like I’ll eat the loss but I’m not waiting around and wasting my time to just lose. Doesn’t happen too often but more than I would prefer to do.