Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What are your unpopular opinions

Options

Comments

• 1_Sylveon_Fan
    1_Sylveon_Fan Member Posts: 10
    5 Likes 5 Agrees Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Kanto is overrated Fuecoco and its evolutions are overrated Greninja is overrated and so is Umbreon. Scarlet is good to the paradox forms were at least 10x more creative than Violet's robot paradox pokemon that are uncreative and just named " Iron ___ ". Delphox isn't terrible except for the flat ear hair that's larger than delphox's head. Decidueye isn't that good. Rowlet is cute dartrix is mid and decidueye is not that cool. Empoleon looks way cooler than Infernape. And finally terrastallization is underwhelming and could have been so much better.

• Fenrinoa
    Fenrinoa Member Posts: 14
    First Answer 5 Agrees Name Dropper 5 LOLs
    Options

Skeledirge should have been bipedal

also biped hate from before SV released was silly since these pokemon end up popular anyway when well designed

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer First Comment 5 Agrees
    Options

Some shiny hunting methods are easy enough. Eating a sandwich and looking for shinies in the wild, you'll find one in a few minutes to a couple hours depending on which pokemon you're hunting.

But breeding, that's a different story. Because breeding is so much slower than spawning wild Pokémon, it can take anywhere from 2 to 50 hours on average. That is a massive disparity in the effective odds of these two methods. The effective odds should yield results in one gaming session, in my opinion.

• Beyku
    Beyku Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

another that I forgot to add:

6. Cynthia is not that hard. People who think she's hard because they lost to her when they were 10, and instead of realizing that, they just spent a decade repeating that she was the "strongest champion ever".

(I'll probably add more whenever I feel like it)

• Dedenne90524
    Dedenne90524 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes First Answer 5 Agrees
    Options
    1. The design of the future paradox forms are much better than the design of the past paradox forms. (I picked Scarlet)
    2. Metagross’s shiny isn’t good.
    3. I like Froakie and Frogadier as Pokémon, not just because they evolve into Greninja.
    4. Lopunny is a cool Pokémon, it’s the fan art that made people think otherwise.
    5. Floragato is overrated.
    6. The sinnoh starters aren’t that well-designed.

And that’s my 6 hot takes! (I might add more)

• Dedenne90524
    Dedenne90524 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes First Answer 5 Agrees
    Options

I disagree with all of those except that Greninja and Umbreon are overrated.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer First Comment
    Options

So some other hot takes of mine:

• Elemental Monkeys are overhated. Sure they probably could have done more with the concept but I don't hate the designs. Though Simipour isn't my favorite.
    • Pokemon really didn't start to fall from grace until Sword and Shield. XY and Sun/Moon had their issues but personally I think they still managed to deliver worthwhile experiences. Sword and Shield on the other hand were the first games I played that felt underwhelming.
  • Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Every single popular Pokémon sucks. It might sound like I’m trying to be “special”, but whenever I try to say something good about Incineroar or Charizard, I always fall short.

• Beauchu
    Beauchu Member Posts: 43
    5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

Scarlet/Violet are the worst games, Violet is better than Scarlet, Pokémon Sword is the best Pokémon game on the Switch, Gardevoir is a cool Pokémon (at least without the fan art). Every popular Pokémon sucks (except Lucario, which is my favorite after Dragonite.

• Prince_Ludwig
    Prince_Ludwig Member Posts: 39
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon is the best game in the PMD series, and connect orb missions are way better than random chances to recruit defeated Pokémon.