Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Roco Kingdom is coming soon...

DoubleCure
DoubleCure Member Posts: 3,234
5,000 Agrees 5,000 Likes 1,500 LOLs 2500 Comments
✭✭✭✭✭

Is Roco Kingdom going to be the game that will put real pressure and even be more successful than the equivalent open world Pokemon games?

Roco Kingdom is coming soon... 5 votes

No, people don't trust the Chinese privacy policy.
20%
MonstaDash 1 vote
No way, Pokemon nostalgia is too deep.
20%
sir_uledge 1 vote
Maybe, it looks really good and f2p.
0%
Likely, no Pokemon game looks that good
0%
Yes, it's already a big success in China and it's multiplatform.
0%
Definitely, I'm so hyped I can't wait to get my hands on it.
0%
Wait... whose kingdom?
60%
Lonestar85Hades0918Fôxchild 3 votes

Comments

  • Lonestar85
    Lonestar85 Member Posts: 3,371
    1,500 Likes 1,000 LOLs 2500 Comments 500 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... whose kingdom?

    Had me until Roco. If it was Kitsune then they'd have had me. Honestly though, ever since they lost to Palworld, their monopoly is going to be tested. Shall see if their brand is strong enough to resist competition.

  • sir_uledge
    sir_uledge Member Posts: 868
    500 Likes 250 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way, Pokemon nostalgia is too deep.

    So I looked into it a little, and I do think it could throw some spice into the market.

    I think that if both Roco Kingdom and Palworld do decently well financially, they will almost certainly break up the monopoly.

    However, I don't think they'll ever fully surpass Pokemon though.

    I think Pokemon will remain at the top of the market for at least another 5 years, but I think it'll be like a Windows-Linux situation where you have one huge company but a few smaller competitors outside of it.