Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What is the best main series Pokemon game of all time?

Options

Answers

• CherryFizz507
    CherryFizz507 Member Posts: 185 ✭✭
    First Answer First Comment 5 LOLs 5 Likes
    Options

@TheJeffers All of your arguments are a fair point. The open world may not be that great, but I think that SV is perfect for non hardcore fans. And if you like the difficulty of playing 2D Pokemon games, there are a bunch of different fan games to choose from. If you are a hardcore fan you can play modded Pokemon games like modded Pokemon emerald. I can agree with what you say, but there is a different Pokemon game for other people. The competitive scene is different from the rest SV.

TPC has to please the entire Pokemon community, and they can’t always do that. They can’t put a lot of effort into the newer games as fans are impatiently waiting for the next game. If you are looking for same game every 3 years, look at the super Mario Bros. games.

• WhiscashIsCool
    WhiscashIsCool Member Posts: 37
    First Answer First Comment
    Options

The Thing about Pokémon Scarlet that I liked was it was you were able to go on your own pace. It being open world, you could go where you wanted to go, catch what you wanted to catch before a specific gym. And the 3 different path options were great.
    It also kind of made me like playing Pokémon games again. I honestly wasn’t a huge fan of the games up until I played scarlet,then gave the others a second chance.
    plus I mean it has Whiscash and cute Diamond turtle legendary.

• CherryFizz507
    Options

@TheJeffers as a half Italian half American pineapple on pizza is a terrible idea.

@Jokemon811 Dude, what are you? What has society become???

• CherryFizz507
    Options

Pokemon really should not make any more ILCA Pokemon Games.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    Options

@CherryFizz507 This is a problem that other games solved decades ago, to the point that it is now a ubiquitous and standard feature.

Difficulty modes. Have an "easy" mode, or "child" mode or whatever you want to call it, with exp. share, shift battle, lower levelled opponents and everything to make your experience as mindlessly easy as possible. Even a games journalist could complete it.

Then you can have a "hard" mode or "adult" mode, etc. Turn off the exp. share, allow set battles, give trainers and gym leaders bigger teams with higher level, more powerful Pokémon and I think most of us will be happy. You could even skip some of the basic tutorials for players of this mode.

You could reward hard mode players with rarer Pokémon in the wild, special badges and cosmetics, or a higher shiny encounter rate.

Maybe we could even let players customise their experience, and give them more rewards the more difficulty options they enable.

Perhaps we could go crazy and have an "impossible" mode. "Pikachu Must Die" difficulty. (Okay, they wouldn't call it that.) No exp. share, set battle, no healing items in battles, less money, charging money for Pokémon Centre uses, no TMs... Fan made community challenges are great inspiration for this. Make Nuzlocke an official mode.

The point is, there are endless solutions for making the game more challenging and engaging for a wide range of players of differing skill levels.

Unfortunately Gamefreak just want to make the one, simple game, swap out a few Pokémon and character models, and sell it to you twice.

Like so much in the modern franchise, there are so many missed opportunities.

@Jokemon811 I have only had desert pizza in Japan. I was skeptical at first, as I usually don't like sickly sweet things. But I was pleasantly surprised. I couldn't eat more than a slice by myself, though. And other countries might overdo it on the sugar.

• CherryFizz507
    Options

@TheJeffers That is definitely something I would love to see in Pokémon as a way to please the entire community. I really hope Pokémon takes notes (they usually don’t.)

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    Options

Unfortunately I doubt the boomer management and development leads in a Japanese company know or care what we say on an English language forum. Even an official one.

Honestly I think they are isolated and detached from the Japanese fans, too. And as far as the people in charge of the purse strings care, the games still sell really well and make massive profits, along with the rest of the franchise. Don't risk the golden goose. Keep doing what worked.

What can happen is that ideas posted here can affect fans and the way they think about the franchise. If enough people start demanding the same thing, eventually the message will get through.

• CherryFizz507
    Options

@TheJeffers I hope the message gets through. It probably won’t but best we can do is hope, complain, wait.

• Jokemon811
    Jokemon811 Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Likes 5 Agrees 5 LOLs
    Options

Yeah, desert pizza is good in small portians