Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokémon TCG Live 1.3.1 Update Discussion Thread

Options
TPCi_CursedSoup
TPCi_CursedSoup Administrator Posts: 249 admin
First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs

Hi everyone,

Please use this thread to leave feedback and discuss the latest Pokémon TCG Live Global Beta update.

Comments

• GabiruBR
    GabiruBR Member Posts: 241 ✭✭✭
    First Answer First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

I'm quite disappointed that the update doesn't even have a topic that was asked in the TCG Live Global Beta Survey, I hope this changes for the next announcements, because there is very little communication in the forum here.

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

It's a beta. Consistency of getting the backend up and running is more important right now than efficiency. We've seen what happens when everything isn't back up and running during the accidental access to the game when they added the rest of the regions to the beta, nothing good.

I'd expect they'll try to at least match the usual couple hours of maintenance PTCGO has for its updates by the time release comes along, but efficiency of the backend is not important when you need to make sure when something breaks you have plentiful logs and such to use to identify issues during the beta period.

• Clear_ZERO
    Clear_ZERO Member Posts: 23
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

Good job on fixing Forest Seal Stone.

It would be good if important cards like that take a larger priority to be fixed in the future.

One month is a huge gap, especially for those of us who want to use the card to test in Regionals of a new format. Going forward, it would be good if card fixes be quicker.

• DefHalan
    DefHalan Member Posts: 35
    5 Likes 5 Agrees Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2022 #6
    Options

I didn't see Cobalion or Keldeo (Silver Tempest) on the fix list. Will they both remain broken in this update?

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

@GabiruBR Dude, they're probably still looking through the answers. It's completely unreasonable to expect changes that quickly, especially when they're also working on major bugs. Wait until at least January for them to even address the survey.

• TechHog
    Options

@TPCi_CursedSoup When are you going to fix mulligans? Since launch, they haven't worked according to the rules of the game. If both players mulligan, both have to show hands. The game just skips that. This is a rule error, not a bug, so I don't understand why it hasn't been fixed in 10 months.

• frogbandit
    frogbandit Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

In the future, it would be nice if the end of the game was quicker. Currently, the game forces you to go through the selecting prize cards even when there is only one left and the effects tied to the card, like attaching energies to Blissey. These should be automatic and it could speed up the games by a minute or two.

• Puputossu
    Puputossu Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I really hope that the Battle Pass fix means the game wont force you to re-login to check progress. Good stuff! 😊 I do agree with earlier points about the updating speed and prioritizing fixing broken cards, though.

• TechHog
    Options

That new loading screen is just trolling.