Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Update is severely broken. Performance is trash

I just played two games and it was unbearable. 10 minutes to go a full turn using all the actions available to me. Was this developed by interns? Do you guys even test your product. You’re estranging your longtime fans.

Comments

• Aggron010
    Aggron010 Member Posts: 28
    5 Likes 10 Comments 5 Agrees Name Dropper

second that and I really hope this fix that needs a fix, fixes the fix that was first needed. Otherwise all your fixes will be in question

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Most likely all of these issues couldn't be picked up during internal testing because they're server-side and just didn't appear on the test server. All of them seem to be connection related.

• Jbrillhart222
    Jbrillhart222 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

Absolutely ridiculous. Can't even finish my turn and even had my turn instantly end as soon as it started. Completely unacceptable and disappointing

• oTurtles
    oTurtles Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

That's complete rubbish. Our high speed internet is just fine.

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

@oTurtles Server-side problems don't have anything to do with internet speed.

No matter how good your internet connection is, if the other side (the server) has issues, then the connection will have issues.

And as TechHog said, they likely use a personal server for testing, and likely never test how these changes behave on the actual servers.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

I mean it goes beyond that. It's not really possible to fully test on the live servers beforehand because load is also a factor.

• simonsig
    simonsig Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

Tried four games after 1.5 update. Gameplay is indeed broken. It’s incredibly slow and has you time out from most of your actions before you can manage to complete them.

• Mod_Bee
    Mod_Bee Moderator Posts: 321 mod
    25 LOLs 5 Agrees 25 Likes 5 Answers

Hello, If you're still experiencing this, I recommend opening a ticket with the support team. You can do so by visiting https://support.pokemon.com/ then click the Pokémon Trading Card Game Live link. From there click "Contact Us" Thanks!

• Deathdw42
    Deathdw42 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

same here, waiting a lot for my turn then waiting for miracle to manage to play what I want, it is slow and laggy

Whole 16 minutes of their time went watching this screen and you