Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Leafy Camo Poncho not shielding active Pokemon VMAX from Boss Orders

I had Regieleki VMAX in game with Leafy Camo Poncho attached

Opponent won due to multiple use of Boss Orders.

The Supporter card affects both benched and active pokemon so it should be prevented.

Comments

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

Boss Orders only affects the benched pokemon, not the active.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

Leafy Camo Poncho only prevents supporter card effects done to the Pokémon it is attached to.

If that Pokémon it's on active spot your opponent can use Boss's Orders on any other benched Pokémon, that's how it is supposed to work.

• PokePoppin
    PokePoppin Member Posts: 12
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper

How do you report an issue on here....Can you not use Special Energy to activate any of the Seal Stones? I attached an Earthen Seal Stone to Lugia V and had not only 3 special energy attached but attached a 4th which almost cost me the match cause it still would not activate....also She was on the Bench? I though you could use them on the Bench?

• ivosljivo
    ivosljivo Member Posts: 14
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

I don't agree with the thesis that Boss`s Orders doesn't affect the active pokemon.

Boss's Orders states following:

Switch 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon with their Active Pokémon.

Switching is a commutative process. Switching A with B is the same as switching B with A. It affects both A and B in the same way. They get switched with each other.

Leafy Camo Poncho states following:

Whenever your opponent plays a Supporter card from their hand, prevent all effects of that card done to the Pokémon VSTAR or Pokémon VMAX this card is attached to.

The effect of being switched with a Benched Pokemon should be prevented!

• ivosljivo

I don't agree with the thesis that Boss`s Orders doesn't affect the active pokemon:

Switch 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon with their Active Pokémon.

Switching is a commutative process. Switching A with B is the same as switching B with A. It affects both A and B in the same way.

Leafy Camo Poncho states following:

Whenever your opponent plays a Supporter card from their hand, prevent all effects of that card done to the Pokémon VSTAR or Pokémon VMAX this card is attached to.

The effect of being switched with a Benched Pokemon should be prevented!

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

There's not a judge on the planet who would agree with you

• ivosljivo

What's your argument?

That the card stating to switch B with A doesn't have any effect on A?

• TechHog

Well, first of all I don't really need an argument because that's the official ruling.

But more importantly, the idea is that the gust is only directly affecting the benched Pokémon being brought up. The Pokémon being forced out of the active is a casualty of game rules but it isn't actually being affected by the card itself.

• TechHog

Had you already used a VSTAR Power? I don't think even understand why you'd play a Seal Stone in Lugia since you need to use Lugia VSTAR's Power. I take it you simply didn't realize that you can't use one if you've already used the other.

• PokePoppin
    PokePoppin Member Posts: 12
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper

No actually I play an Oinkologne Deck and wanted an option to use the Earthen Seal Stone Against the heavy V Maridon and Urshifu Deck ....I went with Lugia for the First draw basic tankiness and the Read the Wind Draw Support....I just needed a V to activate Earth Stone and Chose Lugia over Arceus