Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Leafy Camo Poncho not shielding active Pokemon VMAX from Boss Orders

2»

Comments

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

@ivosljivo "I don't agree with the thesis that Boss`s Orders doesn't affect the active pokemon"

It's not thesis... like I said it is how is supposed to work. Also was explained here by other users with more details.

As far as I know PTCG Clients never changed the real life card game rules (not talking about bugs)... if you don't agree with the game rules doesn't mean it's a bug, it's just your opinion.

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

This is a ruling between lysandre (same effect as boss) and omega barrier (similar effect to poncho, it makes the pokemon inmune to trainers)

Q: If my opponent's Active Pokemon has the "Omega Barrier" Ancient Trait, can I use Lysandre to switch one of my benched Pokemon with it?

A: If your opponent's Benched Pokemon has "Omega Barrier", then Lysandre's effect will be blocked. But choosing a Benched Pokemon without "Omega Barrier" will cause it to switch with the Active Pokemon because the Benched Pokemon is the target of Lysandre.

Source: TPCi Rules Team (2015-04-09)

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes
  • PokePoppin
    PokePoppin Member Posts: 12
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper

I don't and didn't use the VStar Ability on Lugia cause I don't run Lugia VStar in the deck just 2 Lugia Vs ....I'm almost positive Path to the Peak doesn't shut down a VStar Ability or even a Seal Stone for that matter....That might be where the Big is at because I had Path to the Peak in play?

• TechHog

The problem was found in your other thread. Earthen Seal Stone has an attack, not an ability. Not all VSTAR Powers are abilities. If it has an energy cost listed, it's an attack. You need to be in the active to use it, and doing so will end your turn.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

TPCi rules team recently made a little interesting change to clarify how cards like catcher, boss, etc. effect work:

"Beginning with the Scarlet & Violet expansion, cards like Pokemon Catcher will now say "switch in 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon" to make it clear that the effect is on the Benched Pokemon. Likewise, the phrase "switch out" will be used if the effect is on the Active Pokemon. Older prints of these cards with different text that have the same game effect will therefore remain legal.

Source: Scarlet & Violet FAQ; TPCi Rules Team (2023-03-30)"

• StevePerucca
    StevePerucca Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Perhaps Leafy Camo Poncho should have stated it only works while attached to a benched VSTAR or VMAX. If my active VSTAR or VMAX has a "lingering" attack effect such as "increased damage" next turn, Boss's Orders would certainly affect that active Pokemon going to the bench. The new Boss's Orders text helps clarify it's target, but Poncho's game text still confuses things. Good thing it has been officially ruled, although I'll bet it could have been ruled otherwise, even though the older, similar ruling cited previously in this thread made this ruling inevitable. :)

• TechHog

But it does say that it only works when attached to a VSTAR or VMAX.