Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Cards missing on battle pass redemption

ShiningLancer
ShiningLancer Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
Second Anniversary 100 Comments Combo Breaker Name Dropper

I redeemed the new premium battle pass and did not receive any of the cards in both battle pass decks that I already owned.

Am I being punished for crafting a Lumineon V during the last set?

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Why did you craft 4 Lumineon V?

• ShiningLancer

I crafted one on day one and then immediately pulled one from a battle pass pack. I received no lumineon from either battle pass deck. Those extra copies would give me more credits when I migrate from ptcgo.

I was also unfortunate enough to pull 4 moltres so I got 0 credits and 0 copies from that.

The only BRS cards I received were

• 2-2 Charizard
    • 1 magma basin
    • 1 ultra ball
  • ShiningLancer

I also have not received either deck pre-built in my decklist collection.

• ShiningLancer

Wait, I do have the decks.

Trusty (missing)bp_swsh10_deck_basic and (missing)bp_swsh10_deck_premium stuck at the very bottom of the pile.

• ShiningLancer

The new pass has 2250 credits at tier 0.

A fully dusted Samurott deck if you were given all the cards would be worth 4175 credits.

A fully dusted Charizard deck if you were given all the cards would be worth 4040 credits.

Even if the amount of credits given were increased, players are still punished for crafting/pulling the wrong cards.

This system should be fixed so that the credits at tier 0 are increased and only a limited selection of cards from the current 8 starter decks can be excluded from being rewarded to the player.

I say 'limited selection' because it is a little scummy to prevent players from getting a second energy search or shady dealings Inteleon and forcing them to craft it.

• TechHog

Confirming the bugs mentioned. I get the feeling that, in exchange for putting more credits on the pass, they tried to prevent us from earing credits from the cards on the pass (which is horrible and predatory) by changing it so that decks only give you enough copies of the cards you need in order to complete the list. This is an attack on the fanbase if that's the case. .Just give us the credits. You want more people playing, right? And earing credits other than what's in the pass is completely RNG. You guys need to stop being so aggressive with the economy. You want this app to get more people into playing the game, so you should make it as easy as possible for people to use it to get into playing the TCG. Like, especially if you're gonna start giving bad decks like Charizard, we should be getting a lot more on the pass. Like, 5000 crystals and 15,000 credits total over the 3 months. And there should be log-in bonuses, and more daily challenges than just 2...

• ShiningLancer

TPCi support is being unhelpful and copy/pasting unrelated nonsense to my ticket so I will post here too.

An example of my issue with the new pass.

I owned 3 Inteleon CRE 043 before redeeming the two Astral Radiance decks.

The two decks I redeemed contain 4 copies of Inteleon CRE 043.

After redeeming the decks, I only have 3 Inteleon CRE 043.

I redeemed two 60 card decks on the battle pass and only received 16 cards and 0 credits.

Is this the outcome the developers intended with the new battle pass?

Yes or No: Should I have obtained all 100 non-energy cards from redeeming those two decks?

Can any mods answer my question?

@TPCi_CursedSoup

@Mod_haruichii

• ShiningLancer

I got a proper response from support.

This was a bug and measures are being taken to fix it.

I received a hefty sum of credits and crystals as compensation.

You may also be eligible for compensation if you were affected.

• TechHog

@ShiningLancer So you contacted them and they gave compensation? Hm, since this is affecting everyone you'd think they'd just give it to all accounts that signed up before Tuesday.

• Mod_haruichii
    Mod_haruichii Member Posts: 31
    5 Likes First Comment First Answer Photogenic

Hi @ShiningLancer

Thanks for the feedback and glad to see that someone gave a response to you. Just to guarantee I'll escalate this to the development team too. Please let me know if you have any other issues on this topic, and make sure to also check if this issue is persisting in the next update!

By the way thanks for the idea @TechHog I will also escalate this idea to the development team so they can see how to proceed with this.