Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Are we going to be able to trade again?

No trading cards in this version? It's in the damn name of the game for god sake TRADING Card Game.

And you launch it without the trading part?

I sure do hope we will be able to trade in the future.

Answers

• Lambalazar
    Lambalazar Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 5 LOLs 10 Comments 25 Agrees

There is not going to be trading in Live, that’s why they went with a crafting system.

• Wátt112
    Wátt112 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

But it's litterly in the name of the game? Is there going to be a name change? Pokemon Crafting Card Game?

• SPDK
    SPDK Member Posts: 16
    10 Comments

Trading cards has always been an important part of the Pokemon community!!

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

@Wátt112 The name is collectable card game in most languages.

• kot123456
    kot123456 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 100 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary

The word Trading was only used because it was the popular thing when the card game first launched (90s) but most card games nowadays are called Collectible Card Game and most languages that PTCG cards are translated to call it collectible card game as well. It's only called trading card game in like two languages which one is English. Crafting is a much better system because it is instant and cheap, but if they added trading to Live to help people trade off bulk cards for packs I wouldn't be surprised.

• Lambalazar
    Lambalazar Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 5 LOLs 10 Comments 25 Agrees

You’re going to find that a lot of people prefer the crafting system. Trading was absolutely awful in Online, 25 packs of the newest booster for 1 copy of a card you want (so 100 packs for a playset) is not a good economy

No one traded 1 for 1 cards on there. Handing someone 25 code cards is the equivalent of giving them Pokémon themed money, that’s not trading.

Trading isn’t going to be in the game, and I hope it never comes back. #1 thing I hear from new players that they love is that they DON’T have to trade and can craft the cards they need.

• in5ano
    in5ano Member Posts: 6
    First Comment

There's no trading and there will be no trading, by design. The crafting system is replacing the trading experience for live. It's also the reason you can't own more than 4 of any one version of a card, as well as more than one of versions that aren't legal for play in multiples (Radiant Greninja, ACE Specs etc).

• in5ano
    in5ano Member Posts: 6
    First Comment

There's no trading and there will be no trading, by design. The crafting system is replacing the trading experience for live. It's also the reason you can't own more than 4 of any one version of a card, as well as more than one of versions that aren't legal for play in multiples (Radiant Greninja, ACE-Specs etc.)