Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokémon Unite shutting down in Belgium & Netherlands

I don't know about everyone else here but i absolutely refuse to lose the one save file/in game account i have been playing on since the game's release. We need something to happen so the game can stay online here in the Benelux. A shutdown here means no legit copy to enter tournaments and earn that lofty slot in the Pokémon World Championships. Not only that of course, i'm not the only one who build a roster of Pokémon in game, earned or bought holowear for them, got every battle item & hold item etc. It may not be the best game ever but its still a game we come back to, have an active membership in etc. I'm still kinda hoping its fake news, i mean Serebii hasn't even reported on it yet but with a certain law in place here. What can we do to ensure not losing this game?!

Comments

• Karnine
    Karnine Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited October 1 #2

There's nothing they can do about it they care about gotcha more than anything then care about their players in the Netherlands and Belgium to care it's set in stone for Belgium & Netherlands I feel for those players shame on Pokemon Unite that they decided to do this route then actually make it worth something then pay for something that you have to randomly get by percent chance which is lame "Pokémon Unite will be shut down in Belgium and the Netherlands on November 30, 2025. The Pokémon Company and the game's developer TiMi announced that the game will no longer be available to download on mobile or Switch beyond that date." If they care they would remove it I doubt they will

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 555 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Likes 100 LOLs 100 Agrees

so it is real news, here is the official link https://unite.pokemon.com/en-gb/news/notice-of-termination/

but i don't think timi will change their mind and i honestly think unite is doing you guys a favour, look at the game now and imagine how the game will get after november 2025

• BigDungus69
    BigDungus69 Member Posts: 10
    5 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper Photogenic

Based countries for not letting their children gamble with their mom's credit card

• Karnine
    Photogenic First Comment

I herd high paying players are stepping away from unite an There is currently a petition going around to appeal this decision in Belgium and the Netherlands being shared by players, teams, and even resource hubs like Unite-DB in hopes of making enough noise to, hopefully, get an actual response from The Pokémon Company

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers 500 Comments

That's deplorable, had I invested more time in Unite I would join the outrage.

• Karnine
    Photogenic First Comment

Even so alot players will be doing that survey an destroy the gacha poly I know I will buying cosmics is lame. Also it's harder to play with the meta now they got more lose rate for current players in this season.

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Agrees 5 Answers

who thinks unite is a good financial investment?

• ShadowOceanMew
    ShadowOceanMew Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary

Unite doesn't have any gambling features -_- Parental controls also exist for both smartphone and Switch

• ShadowOceanMew

I hope it will do something, either way i plan on bypassing the shutdown and keep on playing.

• ShadowOceanMew

Misinformation has been the game's main enemy, really and truly :(