Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Goodra Tips

NavyWooperz
NavyWooperz Member Posts: 22
First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes 10 Comments

Hello! I regularly play slowbro and eldegoss. I would like to try out Goodra as he seems pretty fun. Any tips on how to play him and some builds?

Best Answer

• GeneralScout
    GeneralScout Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 5 Likes 10 Comments
    #2 Answer ✓

Goodra is pretty strong with dragon pulse, since landing dragon pulse heals your health back. I don't know much about muddy water so I can't give you information on that, but if I remember correctly it is sort of like Lapras's water pulse. Both vine whip and acid spray are good to pair with dragon pulse since they both allow Goodra to get closer to the enemy to hit a dragon pulse and some basic attacks.

Few extra things:

Comfey's unite move counts as grass for Goodra to heal from

Goodra's boosted basic attack leaves the opponent slimed and slows them for some time

Answers

• GeneralScout
    GeneralScout Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 5 Likes 10 Comments

Just tried out Muddy Water with Vine Whip. Each boosted attack resets your move cooldown (Not sure if that goes for Acid Spray too). Overall the gimmick is sort of like Dragon Pulse, bringing the enemies closer so you can hit them hard. Each Muddy Water that hits lets you do another one (This goes on infinitely) until you miss. Dragon Pulse is more of a facetank play that allows you to fight against multiple opponents, while Muddy Water will drain out the health of opponents close up to you.

Hope this helps!

• BennyMilezZ
    BennyMilezZ Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Some emblems tips for goodra ?

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 813 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments
    edited September 13 #5

Thank you @GeneralScout for explaining how muddy water is best used. I would prefer to use it than dragon pulse and felt dragon pulse buys not enough time when facing an entire team. Hopefully my muddy waters adventure can be an above average display of climbing ladder.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 813 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

So my results of the muddy water game aren't great. I must be playing it wrong. It needs to give much more defense and sp defense to compete with dragon breath healing. Muddy water Goodra just can't stay alive against two or three people. I don't see it happening.