Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Hello people, I'm new here.

Greetings, people and fans of Pokemon. My name is Ashley, and I really like and enjoy the Pokemon series as a huge fan for all years. :) If I might ask… Is it possible to make new friends here? I would appreciate it.

Comments

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

Welcome... well it's virtualy possible to make new friends anywhere, I don't see why this forum would be different.

People are here because they like something Pokemon related, unless they are trolls or something similar, so you will have something in common.

There plenty of friendly people around, but always be careful online dealing with people you don't really know. Have fun!

• Tacolaser
    Tacolaser Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 5 Answers 25 Agrees 25 Likes

Like @DoubleCure said, be careful online. However, you should have a good time here. These forums are mostly friendly in my experience.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

@AshleyGamer1995 Hi. I'm also a major Pokemon fan as well. It's nice to meet you

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

Nice to meet you! I love pokemon, but especially the TCG. Do you play the tcg, the video games, or just enjoy the franchise?

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

most likely the forums is filled with some of the best people I know who like Pokemon

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

Welcome to the forums Ashley

• Jadite
    Jadite Member Posts: 284 ✭✭
    25 LOLs 100 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic

Welcome!! There are some rude people "cough" Tech "cough" hog "cough" but it seems pretty nice.

If you by any chance decide to ask questions about the paper TCG, I might be there to help.

But anyway, hope you have a great time!!!

(dont forget to share your opinions on eating pokemon)

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 578 ✭✭
    25 Likes 5 Answers 500 Comments 25 LOLs

”cough””cough”blaziiboi”cough””cough”

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers
    edited September 10 #10

Hi, Ashley! Whether you can make friends here depends on what you mean by "friends." For example, you can't make real life friends here. Do not meet up in real life with someone you only know through the internet, that would be extremely dangerous (though you probably meant in-game or internet friends, which you can find here! But remember to never share private information like your age, name, appearance, location, etc.).

Anyways, this forum is one of the nicest online places I've ever seen. The bad people are few and annoying arguments are rare as long as you stay away from the TCG Live section. And I can talk about Pokémon a lot and people can actually understand what I'm saying. And everyone is so nice and the forums are peaceful (again, as long as you stay away from the TCG Live section).

Also, read the Pokémon eating (starter elimination) discussion. It's long but it's fun and gets referenced in other discussions sometimes. I've been on this forum for over a year and it's the best discussion I've read here.

And this part is important: DO NOT CARE ABOUT POST NUMBERS, RANKS, OR SIMILAR STUFF. Don't spam or beg for Likes/Agrees/LOLs. Don't revive old discussions. Just have fun and talk about Pokémon in a way that doesn't annoy others. Also, be sure to flag and report ads and AI posts to make sure they don't increase in number or become the majority of posts like on big social media sites.

There are probably a few things I forgot but these are the important things! I hope you have fun here!

• MonstaDash
    MonstaDash Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Photogenic 5 Agrees First Anniversary 5 Likes

Welcome to the community forums Ashley, always happy to see more good people in this great community.
    It's probably possible to make friends here but then again it's the internet so have some caution.