Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Mobile overheating and battery drain

I've noticed over the past few updates that my mobile phone (typically Samsung Galaxy S22, though sometimes others as well) is really heating up after just 1-2 games. The battery, which typically lasts almost a day with video via Netflix, drops 15-25% per game. If I play 4-5 in a row I risk freezing due to overheating. Considering I experience it on other devices and hear from others that they do as well, it's obviously not an isolated issue. The memory usage is enormous for such a relatively lo-fi game and I dont recall experiencing it as badly a few updates back, though it was still an issue. Any ideas as to how to reduce this issue until it's properly fixed?

Comments

• Mod_Bee
    Mod_Bee Moderator Posts: 317 mod
    25 LOLs 5 Agrees 25 Likes 5 Answers

Hey there, @Epiales001. That doesn't sound good, let's get this over to our support team for review! They can gather all the necessary information and see what's going on. To do that, go to support.pokemon.com, click on the Pokémon Trading Card Game Live link, and then hit "Contact Us." Thanks again for helping us improve the game!

• CherryFizz507
    CherryFizz507 Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    5 Answers 100 Comments Name Dropper 5 Agrees

I have no idea why, but I have the same problems. I will follow @Mod_Bee’s advice, but I really hope that this gets fixed soon. My phone is a IPhone 13 mini, so it is probably software, and not hardware that is causing overheating.

• Kimura670
    Kimura670 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment

I have the same problem on a Google Pixel 6A. The phone gets so hot that it feels like the processor is throttling, and the game slows down. All the movements of the cards become sluggish.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

The app is far from being optimized for mobile devices (regarding overall performance), TCG Live devs said themselfs they will work on optimizing it in future updates...

So far nothing significant was done, I guess other more critical stuff had priority, so lets hope they will adress this seriously... I had to stop playing on my phone due to this exaggerated overheating and battery drain issues.

• MauExe
    MauExe Member Posts: 7
    First Comment

Still happening mid 2024