Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Opponents Conceding When You Have Already Won

So I have had it happen lots of times that just because the opponent needs to do a certain step (putting energy to a benched pokemon with experience share for instance) instead of getting full points for winning and drawing all prize cards supposedly, the sore loser concedes, and I don't get full points.

I wish they would fix this as IMHO its bogus and totally unfair; if a player knocks out the active pokemon and in the process should be drawing the last prize card/s in the process then the system should automatically award the points in full (for how many ever prize cards were taken once the win was done).

I apologize in advance as I am a busy person (and really didn't look for similar threads) and seeing as how it has not been fixed, if this has been raised beforehand then I feel the need more so to have it brought to light again and revisited.

Comments

• cameraphone
    cameraphone Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic

As far as I am aware there is no difference to you if your opponent loses all their prize cards or concedes the game, you still get a full win.

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes First Anniversary 100 Comments

A win is a win imo, but the points awarded for the battle pass are based on how many prizes you take in a game, which i'm assuming is the part people are continually mad about.

you're allowed to concede at any time and changing that would mean deviating from the official game rules so "forcing" people to sit through the last turn of a match is just not happening, sorry. if anything that would probably cause more problems because you can still effectively concede by just forcibly closing the client, which can occasionally cause soft locks on the other person's end.

• izderno1elz
    izderno1elz Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment

Well I don't think thats fair since the number of points depends on how many prizes you take as you just said. Either they change it so that anyone cant just quit when its your opponent's turn or just downright give the full prize points to the player when the opponent concedes. I dont see this being hard to do, its a matter of will issue on the game management's end.

• izderno1elz
    izderno1elz Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment

I would recommend being more careful on commenting based on your assumptions in the future as it may mislead people new to the game and lead to a bad experience. Worse, they might go into complaining about something invalid in the first place. Thats a whole lot of hurt that can be avoided.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

It's just saving time. There's nothing wrong with it.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

Why people keep saying that your opponent it's a sore loser or whatever if they concede in the end?

This is perfectly legal and players do it many times irl even in top competitive events. Why would you lose precious time (yes even few seconds can make difference) when you already know for sure the out come. I concede many times in the end and I couldn't care less about my or my opponent points, I'm just not wasting time for nothing... just get over it... it's part of the game, there is no reason to call names when players concede even in the last moment.

The thing you can criticize it's the way TCG Live calculates the points distribution in the end of the match, that for sure can be improved.

• grriffinn
    grriffinn Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 100 Comments 25 Agrees Name Dropper

Wow, talk about necrobumping…

That said this isn’t too bad, there are similar issues that should to be addressed before this is tackled. I’m starting to get more and more annoyed by people going AFK when a match isn’t going their way than I am someone throwing in towel in the late-game.