Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What was the first starter pokemon you picked from the first pokemon game you ever played?

12346»

Answers

• LucarioRay
    LucarioRay Member Posts: 18
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 10 Comments Photogenic

treecko!

• Sonictrainer
    Sonictrainer Member Posts: 13
    Photogenic 5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes

I picked Charmander back in Red Version, because Charizard was on the Boxart

• MagicarpFisher9
    MagicarpFisher9 Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 25 Likes 25 LOLs 100 Comments

Charmander in Fire Red. I think.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

Pikachu. Gold Silver, Cyndaquil.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

It depends on what you count as a first game or picked. I had a used copy of X as my first game, and I can somewhat remember that when I started playing, all it had was a level 99 Talonflame, and the trainer was in route 2, with the game finished and many full boxes of rare Pokémon. I restarted the game many, many years later but couldn't save all of the Pokémon by trading and didn't have Bank at the time.

The first Pokémon game I really played was Pokémon Sun, because I learnt how to restart the game. I saved the important Pokémon like legendaries by trading them, of course (I still have the Solgaleo and Magearna from that save file, but I haven't found any other Pokémon and I can't remember any other Pokémon since this was back in 2016 or early 2017), and then restarted and picked Litten. I don't think Litten made it to the league as I remember that during a later playthrough (I loved restarting and replaying these games after finishing the credits), I saw completing the league with my starter for the first time was an achievement. I also remember that I usually boxed starters for the Legendary or when I reached the top of Mount Lanakila (with exceptions), so Litten was probably an Incineroar when I left it in the box.

• Miraidon400
    Miraidon400 Member Posts: 30
    First Answer 10 Comments Photogenic

Grookey

• WildWorld1996
    WildWorld1996 Member Posts: 50
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic

I only started playing the video games around four and a half years ago, when Sword and Shield were new, so my first game was Sword. In Sword, I picked Grookey as my starter. I don't really have a specific reason, but I usually pick the Grass-type starter.

• JuliusVercelli
    JuliusVercelli Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees Photogenic First Answer Name Dropper

Soul Silver, Totodile.

• Nikoshawott
    Nikoshawott Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments Photogenic

Pikachu from Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu