Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Favorite non Pokemon games?

Comments

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

surprised this has not been said but fire emblem, like pokemon but with deeper characters and smaller stats that are more meaningful and not trapped in a yearly release cycle so they can do something different every game. I like 8

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

@MonstaDash In H2A, I don't like the art style because it starts to feel a bit overdone. Nowhere near as bad as other 343 games, of course. Particularly when it comes to Forerunner structures, which went from subdued affairs of dull, worn metal to chrome nightmares as designed by Alienware and illuminated by Steven Spielberg during the height of his spotlight phase.

Anniversary multiplayer looks like Halo 4 (same engine, I believe) and the sound design really did a number on the weapons. It also was a casualty of 343's attempts to insert their ugly Halo 4/5 armour designs into every Bungie game.

• Lygars
    Lygars Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 25 Likes 25 LOLs Photogenic

Sid Meier's civ 6 ! soon 7!!

• Darkbirt
    Darkbirt Member Posts: 48
    Name Dropper First Answer 5 Agrees Photogenic

I really like ANNO 1800, but it's a PC city builder. The game is perfect for creativity and for the strategist, the complexity is insane.

However for the switch it will be The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. those two are true masterpieces. I hope that Game Freak will do the same with their future games.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 587 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 100 Likes 100 LOLs
  • TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

@Darkbirt It has been said before, several times by me, but if Gamefreak want to make Pokémon open world they are going to have to change their design philosophies. Otherwise they would be better served going back to linear designs.

But as with the common public perception that 3D is always better than 2D, open world = more freedom = more betterer. They cannot go back without your average gamer and Pokémon fan viewing it as a step backwards.

@Octowen @Lygars I like the Civ games from what I have played of them, but I inevitably save a game after a few hours planning to come back to it later.

Later is never.

RPGs can hold my attention for hundreds of hours, but strategy games like that never seem to grab me in the same way.

• Nikoshawott
    Nikoshawott Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments Photogenic

I like ori and the will of the wisps and cassette beasts

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

open world is not always the best first off they take more time to make leaving you bored for long periods of time secondly sometimes more freedom is less freedom you need a balanced amount of freedom for example if someone says would you want to go bowling or laser tag giving you an option over them just ask what do you want to do today they are more likely to do nothing when given complete freedom there is a balance to much freedom leads to anarchy to little freedom leads to tyranny also back to development time the problem with open world games they are more susceptible to bugs which are often terrible for gameplay experiences my personal favorite game is Kirby return to dreamland deluxe very fun and 2d plus super smash bros is a 2d platform fighting game and is a beloved game by many people because 2d is 2 dimensional now think about this if every game became open world then you lose the charm of older games the variable to them being an open world doesn’t automatically make a game good imagine a big vast space of nothing it all depends on how much work is put into a game breathe of the wild wasnt good because it was open world it was good because of the puzzles of shrines and divine beast the enemies the bosses the sheikah slate so what if you took all that out would the game still be good short answer no a game should never be judged on whether it’s open world or not but by how good the game actually is

• MagicarpFisher9
    MagicarpFisher9 Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 25 Likes 25 LOLs 100 Comments

I like most family-friendly Nintendo games such as: Animal crossing, Mario, and Kirby. I also like Fortnite and Minecraft.

• MagicarpFisher9
    MagicarpFisher9 Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 25 Likes 25 LOLs 100 Comments

And SSBU.